What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schultz orchid mix

I just purchased a bag of Schultz Orchid Mix. Here is a website with some of the information about it:
http://www.schultz.com/ProductCategories/Soilsamendments/OrchidMix/
Will this work for my neps? I have a rafflesiana (Giagantea), ventricosa, and ventrata. Any suggestions?

The bag states:
*Contains an exclusive potting mineral and improves drainage and moisture retention.
*Excellent mix for orchids and other epiphytic plants.
*Also includes select western fir bark & horticultural charcoal.
*Special moisture & nutrient retaining formula
*Schultz orchid mix features select western fir bark, horticultural charcoal and a natural mineral that has been kiln-fired to create permanent ceramic nuggets containing thousands of pore spaces that hold water and oxygen for improved moisture and nutrient retention.

Ingredients:
Regionally formulated from 40-50% organic materials (derived from one or more of the following: aged raw fir bark or aged raw pine bark), arcillite, and horticultural charcoal.

Thanks,
Dwight

thats what i use. i use equal parts of that mix, lfs, and perlite.

long-fibered sphagnum moss = lfs

Capslock

I would say it's ideal....Clint has a good formula, or if you don't want to water as much, mix half of that with half lfs.
Do you soak your mix, Clint, or use it right out of the bag?

Cheers,

Joe

I just bought a bag of that last week and have since potted one nep in it. So far, so good.

i soaked it for 24 hours prior to use.

Back