What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dangerous beauty

N.%20north%20x%20veitch%20x%20tiveyi%207-23-05%201.JPG

You won't believe what this gorgeous hybrid of N. (northiana x veitchii) x Tiveyi has devoured.  Just outside of view, inside this pitcher, suspended in the insect soup is a half digested frog.  Truly gross.  We'll spare you the gory details of any further photos.

-
Michelle and Trent

Well, Michelle refuses to shoot that! I had to move the plant around when she took the above pic, she didn't even want to touch the leaves. I may have to try to shoot the gross-out pic.

Please!
biggrin.gif

Hi Trent
Nice looking pitcher,i have a large Spathulata x Maxima and i took a dead mouse off the cat a while back and dropped it in a large pitcher,man does it wiff if you give the pitcher a shake but its growing great guns with no side effects.When the pitcher dies i shall be doing a few photos to see how much it has digested it so LOL you should love it
smile.gif

Bye for Now Julian

Back