What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early august pics.

Neps!

N. spectabilis x veitchii:
N_spectabilis_x_veitchii2.sized.jpg

N. x Predator, new pitcher is gonna be big!
N_x_Predator5.sized.jpg

N. macrophylla
N_macrophylla.sized.jpg

Capslock

Niiiice. I love the macrophylla. How big is that spectabilis x veitchii?

As usual, you have very beautiful Neps!

Hi Caps
Great looking plants as ever,the peristome on the first one is nice and yes the Preator is going to be huge.Love Macrophylla still waiting for mine from Wistuba should be here soon "hopefully"
Bye for now Julian

niiiiiiice macrophylla! Caps, you really have great plants!

Great spectabilis x veitchii. One of my favs in my collection. Your macrophylla is coming along nicely. I just recently donated my plant away. It was 20 inches tall by 30 inches wide but was not looking quite proper. Our summers here in the south valley (Bay area, CA) are getting just too hot. This species seemed more heat sensitive the older and bigger it got, not at all like my big rajah. I just couldn't allow anything to happen to it. Gosh I've had this plant since 1996.
smile_h_32.gif

Oh well...I have visitation rights.

Thanks everyone! The spec x veitchii pitcher is about six or seven inches to the base of the lid. The plant is probably 12 inches across. It's a fast and easy grower so far in my experience.

My N. macrophylla took a little while to get going, and now it's produced two pitchers and is speeding up growth. I hope I can keep it cool enough, and it looks like I can. Temperatures stay low pretty much all summer here in San Francisco, and in our infrequent heat waves, I close the window to the outside, and my basement stays pretty cool. I'm hoping that the mid-fifties overnights are cool enough for this and my N. villosa, which is still a tiny plant. I think it will be for the macrophylla, but we'll see with the villosa. So far, so good!

Casplock

Great pics. Nice macrophylla!! Very nice! great color. How big is the plant ? where did you get it?
Thanks
smile.gif

Back