Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Easy plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

other than ventricosa, ventrata, and rafflesiana does any one know any good and beautifull beginner nepenthes?

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Mens Et Manus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Ile de France'...a lot of the hybrids are really easy to keep in a lot of conditions.

Hehe, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. All neps and plants in general to me are beautiful.

N. alata comes to mind as a straight species, N. gracilis...actually to tell you the truth, it really depends on who you are. Most neps are pretty easy to take care of in my opinion, the only ones that you really need to look out for are the true and ultra highlanders that need quite a temp drop. Even then, depending on where you live and where you grow, it varies.
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    of course, all nepenthes are beautiful and a masterpiese from the corners of the mind of mother nature but there are just some that stand out, and only a fraction of those are tolerable to a widfe range of growing conditions [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] .
    Mens Et Manus

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The N. sanguinea that folks have told me that I purchased from Lowes is very easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maxima is nice but needs frequent misting [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Mens Et Manus

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this maxima hybrid that is very easy and beautiful. Pitchers profusely. I might be cutting it soon, and giving out cuttings. But it depends. What your conditions are determine what you can grow. Truncata hybrids are usualy easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Jimscott said, sanguina is very easy. In my rather limited experiance with nepenthes (6 plants) IT was one of about two that immeadiatly started pitchering when I brought it home. Also Judith Finn is easy to keep alive, the demands to make it pitcher seem to me to simply make it around 60% humidity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah sanguinea is an awesome nepenthes! I love mine so much! The leaves aren't any longer than 5 inches yet and the pitchers are only about an inch long but it has TWO BASAL SHOOTS. It's a really fast growing healthy little guy! I've heard that they get HUGE too! They grow very fast as well, I'm so glad I chose it as my first nep.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast