Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Full sun

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can attest to what was just said. Good advice above!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (srduggins @ Sep. 02 2005,4:29)]Acclimate your plant slowly to full sun. Don't just move it from shade to full sun. Give it an hour of morning sun the first week. Two hours the second week. Try to avoid the strong sunlight from noon to 3 until it has adapted to morning/evening sun. You will see your leaves turing red from too much sun. a light overlay of red over the green leaf is what you are looking for. Too much sun will burn the leaf and it will die.
    Thanks for the advice. I've been growing my Ventricosa cutting from C3P0 for about 2 months now outside. It was getting complete morning sun under the tree and shaded protection from the afternoon. I've noticed some red to my Ventricosa along the stem of the plant. The leaves are solid green and healthy looking. So I assume the 2 months outside has adjusted it plenty?
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry bout the pics not showing up!
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (srduggins @ Sep. 02 2005,1:29)]Acclimate your plant slowly to full sun. Don't just move it from shade to full sun.
    My plant went from a window where it got about 2 hours of afternoon sun to a place where it gets about 3 hours of morning sun. The main difference is that when it was indoors it sat directly in the path of the airflow from the swamp cooler (which I thought it would enjoy the extra humidity). Now it gets whatever Ma Nature throws at it. Our daytime humidity can be quite low but the evenings and overnight seem to be exactly what it wants. Since moving it outside it is definately starting to inflate 2 pitchers. I just hope that the main vine will rebound for me now.

If this works out I am thinking about trying a couple other of my neps that have been growing poorly for me lately... most notably my N. mcfarlanei x ventricosa, this plant has never pitchered in my care [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im gonna be growing this one in full sun also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have very nice plants fc! I wish I had half as many cool Nepenthes as you [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont have many great plants but some day i will. these are just easy plants, just wait till i get difficult plants and if i do get to grow them out large then you can say i got great plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way man, your plants rock! Be proud [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast