Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Full sun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else put their nepenthes outdoors in full sun?. This seemed to be the only thing that revived my Home Depot rescue plant. Well that and the 80% humidity we have had all summer here. My soil mix repot for this poor neglected plant, consists of lava rock, lfs, and and peat moss. 25$ for a once half dead plant, is a bit of a rip-off but atleast its not doomed to a slow death right?. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smilie4.gif[/img]

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it makes you happy [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

i dont understand it when people makea big deal out of seeing dead/dying cps in stores. it's not a big deal. you can make as many as you want and they are all clones anyway. it's not like they have feelings.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine were perfectly happy in hanging baskets, in bright shade, until I hung them from the eaves. Then they reacted. Two died and the pitchers of the ventratas turned black. Others seemed to have actually thrived. I compromised on direct sunlight and they are less angry with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i believe that ventrata and ventricosa respond well to full sun. that's probably what you got from home depot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It probably would have taken a long time to revive anyway. While you were looking for new ways to get it growing again, it was just on its own schedule from the start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ventratas LOVE full sunlight!!!

N. Miranda likes it bright and sunny too!

Michael
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But how do they do in 90 degree heat. That was the only other factor that changed when I moved mine from under the porch to the eaves? Can they NOT take the heat? They were doing just fine under bright shade and mid-80's and then had balckened pitchers after I moved the. It's not like they went from the window sill or the store to outside. I only moved them 3'!

Nice plants, BTW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my ventricosa enjoys low 90's on a daily basis and growth pretty fast and pitchers on every leaf for me.

it was just too much too fast jim.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast