What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes bicalcarata

I'm just looking for some general information on this Nep. It has always intrigued me (as I'm sure it has many others) because of its sweet looking fangs
smilie4.gif

First of all, is it easy to grow in a terrarium? If I obtained one this is how I'd be growing it. Are there any online retailers that sell this species? I haven't seen it anywhere that I frequent, but maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Right now I'm growing Nepenthes sanguina in a terrarium and it's doing great, but I'm just looking for a cool new Nep addition to my collection. Thanks!

Its fairly easy under lowland conditions but it doesn't like to be moved. It also gets very large so I wouldn't recommend it in a terrarium.

Sanguinea is extremely easy. Especially outdoors in southern california.

I have one that is over a year old I started from seed in a terrarium.
They get large and will out grow a terarrium quickly.

This species can be a monster for size. Cross out the terrarium and plan on heating a spare room instead! The pitchers are average in size, but the leaves can get gargantuan proportions.

M

Back