What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the most u paid for a rare nepenthes?

I think I payed 60 or something like that for my N. rowanae.

Quote by lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]$75 for a large, red pitchered sumatrana, plus $5 shipping.

I'd pay that in a hearbeat for a large plant of that species, good deal!
Let me know if you ever want to sell it, I'd pay more.

I would probably pay several hundred (though I'd rather not) for a large true plant of clipeata.
Can't think of any other species that do it for me like those two.

Cheers, Troy.

If I could find some of those deals, (briggs, hamata, aristo...), I would pony up the money too.

here is my truncata when i first got it @ 80.00!  about 22"+ in diameter and with one good sized pitcher about 10"

834N_Truncata_1_1_-med.jpg

When My plants start vining, I plant to give cuttings away. Most likely, it will be at a price less than what I bought the mother plant to be fair, and in order to make theese plants easier to obtain.

I paid $250.00 for a N. tenuis, other expensive one I have are.
N. ampullaria CR-29 ‘Red’ BE
N. argentii
N. jacquelineae 1850 m
N. jacquelineae 1750 m
N. macrophylla
N. platychila
N. spec. nov. Sumatra
N. x ‘Predator’
I did get a few of them for trade so it is not quite as bad as it looks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Aug. 31 2005,8:50)]Not really the amt. of money paid, its the money to plant rarity and size. N. villosa is notorious for holding this reputation of priceyness to plant size and rarity, its a pretty rare plant, expensive and darned small when you can get ahold of it. $35 for a 1.5" across plant is expensive....then again seeing N. argentii for $180+ is scary. N. platychila is up there too....$135+ last I checked and its about the size of a retail N. villosa. BUt as far for priceyness....I'd say N.x Briggsana for $50 mature cutting (a steal at that price!!!) and N. aristolochioides at $55 for a tiny plant. N. macrophylla tops the scales at $80 though.
$50 is a steal- my N. x Briggsiana var Peter D'Amato I got at the auction was $105.00

smile_n_32.gif

$105.... Too much.

Yeah, but where else can you find it?

whats $105 for a plant you really want? i can easily pay anywhre from $20-$150 for a frog that can comfortably sit on my thumbnail. and these arent particularily rare species. ppl pay $200 plus for pure bred dogs. finding my lil schipperkee a boyfriend will probably run me $400 or so when ever i get around to it. yah cant take $$ to your grave with you so yah might as well enjoy life. it comes down to what is the plant(animal, car ect) is worth to you. not what its worth to someone else

I bet that sells for over $150

I bought that same cross for $50 USD.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

BTW mine was found from a friend who had an extensive collection of Nepenthes in Georgia.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lol @ Sep. 02 2005,5:35)]You should've saved your money for this

http://www.exoticaplants.com.au/welcome....wsid=24

Beautiful!  Look at the uppers on that thing!!!!!!  Huge.  I cannot wait to see how the uppers on lowii x truncata will look!
Well, in order to do that, I would have to renew my two import permits and one of them was $70(last I knew), so that is out anyways.

Cheers,

Joe

Really? Got my permit for free. Cites and shipping is what you haveto worry about.

And I dont need one
biggrin.gif

I can just import if I want to.
AS long as no soil is with it
biggrin.gif

The general permit that covers CITES costs $70, and even though the APHIS site seems to indicate that only people selling the plants require this, I got called by the USDA in CA demanding I buy one, so I did. Some people on this forum redcommended it to me, as it was the path of least resistence. If the USDA tells you that you need it, you need it.
Tyfone, I see you live in Sweden? That's nice they let you import soiless stuff w/o permits.

Cheers,

Joe

Yes I think so to
smile.gif

I checked it up because
I was revieving cuttings from singapore, so I called the customs but I didnt say that it was only cuttings, I said plants. And they said that it wouldnt be a problem as long as there was no soil with it and she repeated that phrase 3 times(NO SOIL)

The only permit I would need is CITES I think..but those plants I can get here within the EU

Back