What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New from tony

lol

BANNED
Just got my first order from tony today.  Great plants!  Here you go.

N. lowii x truncata.  Almost 10" !  This one increases in size fast.  I gues pitchers start green, and then turn wine red.  As it matures, the pitchers will probably get different still.

First stenophylla x truncata pitcher of 2005.

IMAGE_092.jpg

IMAGE_091.jpg

N. ephippiata.  About 9".  I hope this is close to maturity.

c1f753c6.jpg

ffa4c740.jpg

211d946a.jpg

IMAGE_104.jpg

N. maxima x truncata rooted cutting.  The newest leaf is 3 times larger than the last!

IMAGE_095.jpg

This is gonna be 3 or 4 posts.  More pics

IMAGE_100.jpg

IMAGE_101.jpg

IMAGE_103.jpg

IMAGE_105.jpg

Random pics of the cage.

IMAGE_090.jpg

IMAGE_094.jpg

the trio

06c50556.jpg

first pitcher on raff sarawak giant.

IMAGE_096.jpg

IMAGE_097.jpg

IMAGE_098.jpg

N. eymae

IMAGE_099.jpg

N. sanguinea

The first pics of belii x sibuyanensis (medusa). It is an 8" plant.

2a4322ee.jpg

d317c611.jpg

17f3bc01.jpg

380b271e.jpg

N. sumatrana. A 15" plant with nice red pitchers. A $75 monster!

0094d35d.jpg

8dd4b64c.jpg

c71bc4a8.jpg

N. lowii x truncata. This one is almost 10" ! Apparently, pitchers start green, and turn wine red with age. Should keep changing as it gets older. Increases in size rapidly judging by the leaves. Hope it'll look like that pic tony posted. If not, I'll just buy another, as this may be my fav hybrid!

e6ed0ebb.jpg

a7f7c838.jpg

d9ef0fd7.jpg

271d0888.jpg

Lotta pics. By the way, the dark pitcher on the lowii x truncata was 5" on a 3" leaf. The newest leaf is 6" so... You do the math
biggrin.gif
! The largest on the medusa was a fat 2", and the largest on the sumatrana was a fat 4". The next should be almost twice as large.

whos tony beacause his plants (now yours) are very vigourus and beautyfull, wow you have a huge colection!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

edit: oops i for got about parobek

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]wow you have a huge colection!

A bit of an optical illusion
smile_n_32.gif
. My collection is anything but huge, I just have some huge plants inside a small area. I grow the smaller ones by hanging post off the sides of the cage. You haven't even seen my 3 foot tall truncata yet
biggrin.gif

Hi lol or is it HAHA
Yept still looking good after seeing them on CPUK,and yes the Sumatrana is a still a peach
smile.gif

Bye for now julian

Nice pics Lol. I like the pitchers dangling from all around the cage
smile.gif

Your correct on the N. lowii x truncata getting redder as it ages. That green pitcher was buried down in moss and not getting much sun on the sides of the pitcher. So it hasn't colored up like the other. Light intensity is another big factor for red coloring development. Should start to see some good peristome development with the next few pitchers too!

T

Lol,

Those are some great plants. The cage setup is awesome.

Brian

Thanks for your comments everybody. Looking at my growing collection, it pains me to think that this is the third time I've had to rebuild it. Hundreds invested in plants that I lost. It's just crazy. If I lose this collection for some reason (maybe end times), I'll just give up once and for all. Aside from that, gosh Tony. The tendril on that leaf with the forming pitcher is just getting longer and longer, and it scares me
biggrin.gif
! This plant just gets large so fast, it blows my mind considering the lowii parantage. Heck, I think the hybrid grows faster than either parent! This may be the pattern for many lowii hybrids, or just the ingenious breeding tecniches of Geoff. You dont fertilize your sale plants, do you Tony?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lol @ Sep. 02 2005,2:59)]You dont fertilize your sale plants, do you Tony?
All my plants get fertilizer

Hmm. Hope my plants don't slow down too much then, because I only do milk and sugar water, with the occasional superthrive
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Sep. 02 2005,11:07)]Mr. rotary man, your pics never work
smile_h_32.gif
lol!  at least someone knows! what that means! lol! by the way the pic is now visible!(but for how long?)

Off topic but you got a 7?? I have 3 of 'em, check your PM's

-Rail

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Sep. 02 2005,9:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lol @ Sep. 02 2005,2:59)]You dont fertilize your sale plants, do you Tony?
All my plants get fertilizer
What do you use?

And lol, I'd like to see some wide-angle shots of your growing setup.

Back