What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L.a.i.f.s.

Hi there everybody! just here to tell you that i will be attending a show and i will be showing off my nepenthes and entering them in a contest. i will post new pics after the show which will the the 3rd and 4th of september. i will also post up the results and see if i win anything!
smilie4.gif

im also suppose to meet about 50 vendors and they will sell plants of all kinds there too. the guy from hortucus botanicus is suppose to be there and some lady vendor from hawaii!

well guess what? i am the only one that is in the division for CP's

You wanna buy some plants for me while you're there
biggrin.gif
?

if only i got to this message earlier. nepenthesaroundthehouse wanted me to do the same thing. there was nothing really rare there but some nice plants anyways! if you get this message call me @ 562 528 6223 there is only one day left which is the 4th!

ok here are the pics from the show and sale. theres are the nepenthes that were for sale that day.

834Exotic_Plant_Show_15_1_-med.jpg

834Exotic_Plant_Show_14_1_-med.jpg

834Exotic_Plant_Show_13_1_-med.jpg

Yes
Some nice looking plants there,what was the first one with the big red pitchers on it?
Bye for now Julian

i think that was ventricosa by ovata

Very nice pics! I'm sorry I missed it. I like that first one and the truncata, (is that the orange peristome clone?), and what is that last Nep, that may be my favorite.

thats the highland truncata for 98.00!

I have a N. truncata like the first truncata pic you posted. It looks just like that one, with lower pitchers lightly stuffused in red, and slightly hirsute leaves and stems. I think I got it from malaysiana or wistuba. It has always looked to me like it could be a highland form. What do you think?

you can distinguish highland truncata and lowland truncata but the way new leaves emerge.

what... they look orange or some think like that?

How the leaves emerge? Well, how would that be?

for every body, i meet robert goleman himself @ this show! nice man by they way. the hortus botanicus is family run!

oh i forgot to post the results!  i got 3rd with copelandii, i got 2nd with the maximas, i got 2nd overall with the truncata, and i got 1st place with the saguinea.  the funny thing is that my saguinea's biggest pitcher wasnt even opend when i brought it in for registration a couple of days before the actual judging!  i am thinking that the pitcher just had opend up when it was time for judging!
smile.gif

p.s. if you already havent look for the pictures i have posted up from the show. thoes were the plants they had for sale!

Very well done, congratulations. thx for the pics. Were those awards in different categories or did you blow all the competition away?

congrats,

Zac

Back