What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. x judith finn

Does anyone here have any experience on judith finn. I bought one about a month ago or so from Cooks and so far it only has two leaves, it grows so slow, that the leaves die, even before the pitcher has a chance to even go past the budding stage. All my other neps are doing just fine. It gets full sun, obviously it gets distillled water (well techinally lake water :p), and it's on a hanging basket and the soil mix is peat/perlite and topdressed with lfs(the dead kind). Another note, when I got the plant, it didn't grow until about 2 weeks later.

Judith Finn is a friend of mine! Oops! You mean the plant, not the person. This other fella I know, Pete D'Amato, grows his in bright shade as opposed to full sun. See if that helps.

remember it does have veichii so it may be slow because of that

Maybe so, but not that slow and what does bright shade mean? Do N.x judith finn do good on hanging baskets or should I just put it on the floor and will fertilizer be recommended?

I have found it to be a slow growing plant that is reluctant to pitcher. Moving it into bright shade with some late direct sun has helped.

This is one of those "love/hate"...er I mean slow/not-slow plants. A lot of people say it's slow, but some claim not so.
I think this is in another thread.
I am thinking Phil Faulasi has had great success with this, and I have seen some pretty decent size plants for sale in nurseries occasionally.

Cheers,

Joe

Back