What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copelandii

Here is a picture of one of mine.. They vary a bit but I have never seen one without some good markings on the outside of the pitcher. As far as I can tell the rest of the plant looks like N. copelandii though.. odd.

I forget which this is.. nearly all of mine were from the original BExotics seed grown release.
NcoplandiiBE3.jpg

Tony

Hmm, I bought it at the same time as Stenophylla. Oops, I think I just got my pictures confused as I took them at the same time. Sorry about that. Mine looks a lot like Tony's plant. Live and learn to look a little closer and stop labeling little thumbnails late at night.

Santos, Where did you get yours from?

some guy in canada off ebay... boergreen or something like that. the funny thing is, one guy in pasadena got the same copelandii from the same person about the same time and he got a copelandii that looks like the pics everybody but me has posted! the stem actually came like that too! it was odd for me because i compared it to others and same thing also! i cound find any pics that were similar to mine! well if it is an interemediate then i have a better chance @ getting upper pitchers on this because robert goelman told me that copepandii only does uppers when it gets very very tall! is this true anybody?

fc3srx713b,

If you can, take a look at the DVD "Nepenthes@Borneo Exotics". There is a shot of a large N. copelandii growing outside. The very large pitchers have a coloration similar to your plant.

regards,
KPG

OK, here is my plant and pitcher. The peristome darkens to a reddish color, but not the purple in the other photos.
398cope_plant-med.JPG
398cope-med.JPG

It does get a reddish edge on the leaves where they attach to the stem similar color to Santos's plant's stem. They are under 50% shade cloth and only get a little direct morning sun.

here is another pic of another pitcher

834N_Copelandii_5_1_.jpg

Now that pitcher has coloration on the outside of it, but the lid looks more like fusca, or is it just the angle.

That one looks much more typical. Nothing odd about it. There is alot of variation as many were raised from seed

[b said:
Quote[/b] (srduggins @ Sep. 16 2005,10:05)]Now that pitcher has coloration on the outside of it, but the lid looks more like fusca, or is it just the angle.
same plant but also diff angel. the first pic i posted was the older pitcher. this one is of the newer!

Here you go. My contribution:

Plant:
CopelandiiPlant.jpg

Older pitcher:
CopelandiiPitcherOLD.jpg

Newer pitcher:
CopelandiiPitcherNew.jpg

I have to say that the rate of growth and apparent hardiness of my N. copelandii is easily on par with N. ventricosa and N. sanguinea. Tough and fast!

AJ

seems to grow fast for me in my conditions oustide AaronJ !
smile_m_32.gif

The first pic u posted up does look like mine. thanks for ur pics!
cool.gif

Hi All!
Well...this topic is really for me!
This is how my Copelandii pitchers are looking like!
My Copelandii is from Borneo Exotics bought it on 18 September 2004.
One year later it has developed also intermediate pitchers and now the true first upper pitchers!!! Those one in the photo are lower pitcher and an intermediate pitcher.
Enjoy!
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY
coplandii_lower_upper_l.jpg

And this is how the whole Copelandii plant looks like after one year! I bough it when it was only  15 cm high and this is my result!
Really nice and easy plant!

Mr_Aga
copelandii_whole_plant.jpg

and here a first true upper pitcher!

Let me know what you think!
upper_copelandii.jpg

hell yeah thats nice!  i cant wait to see mine when it gets that tall with uppers on it!  thanks very much for your post!  how much light do you give it?  my stem is almost completly red!  the coloration matches mine too so i may have an intermediate pitcher.  what do you think?

*edit* what are your growign conditions?

I've noticed that everyone has the Mt. Apo forms, does anyone grow the Mt. Pasian form?

md_40829_p557794.jpg

f2a7538a.jpg

f2a753d7.jpg

Note the bulbous base of this form. They are faster growers with better coloration than Mt. Apo forms.

M

Hello Rainforest Guy!
Mine is also from Mt. Apo? Well... I didn't know this!
This also explains why it is not bulbous at the bottom!!!
I am not really happy about its Upper Pitchers...I though that they would be more like a triangle.
But anyway I must also say that my Copelandii is really an easy plant and also with poor light ( shading) it continue to produce its pitchers.
Bye!

Salvatore

oh ok... i did wanted to know if you shaded it. i dont know if the Mt. Pasian wull be right for me. is it forgiving rfg? thats the only way ill probably get one if its forgiving.

Where can I get the Mt. Pasian form?

Although considered a highland species. Both forms grow very well for me. The Mt. Apo form I believe is a higher elevation requiring more chill at night to grow (but grows easily in warm tropical Hawaii). I have noticed for me that the Apo form is more compact until it begins to vine. Keeping pitchers close to the stem, whereas the Pasian form tends to have longer leaves and tendrils sending their pitchers everywhere. The uppers on the Apo tends to be lime green to yellow while the Pasian form retains some of the coloration. If anything for you lowlander growers, try the Pasian form as it grows faster for me here.

As a whole, it is a very forgiving species and should be around in cultivation for a long time.

Not sure who might sell the Pasian form, but they're out there!

Michael

Back