What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copelandii

here is a pic of my copelandii.  from what i seen my still looks different from the ones on other web sites.  and the funny thing is that i do grow mine in full sun!  the stem of the copelandii is a real nice red but the peristome color doesnt have any solid color only stripes.

834N_Copelandii_2_1_-med.jpg

834N_Copelandii_3_1_-med.jpg

Here is the N. copelandii I'm growing. I think it's fairly typical.
klrplntsgy

sorry cant see the pics.
confused.gif

dont worry i had the same problem so i know where your comming from! so what do you think of mine?

Here we go again.
0.jpg

That's better.  I think your plant looks great.  I'm suprised it isn't a darker color, since you grow it in full sun.

u know thats weird! but i seem to like the color on mine better than the one that you have becasue it looks like maxima, fusca, ect....

The copelandii currently in cultivation are from two different locations (Apo and Pasian) with some differences, so that is the likely cause of the differences you see.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SydneyNeps @ Sep. 15 2005,6:57)]The copelandii currently in cultivation are from two different locations (Apo and Pasian) with some differences, so that is the likely cause of the differences you see.
so do you have any idea which one it is?

u know something killerplantsguy, mine is more taller and more cylindar like! how about when you get a shideshoot wanna trade cuttings?
cool.gif

Well, here's mine, how about a 3rd location? Check out all that nectar!
398copelandii-med.JPG

I really like the one with the purple peristome. I never get tired of seeing that color...yet. That will probably change someday.

Edit: Oops! This is actually a picture of my stenophylla.

Nice pics guys. I like killerplantsguy's purple one the most. Steve yours looks cool, like a cross between pilosa, and burbigeae.
Thanks for sharing ,
Robin

All very nice pictures of beautiful plants! Steve your plant looks very different considering how hairy the tendril is.

Cheers,

Amori

Hmm Steve that doesn't look like N. copelandii. Looks more like a N. stenophylla. Nice picture though! Can you post some more or the plant, closeup of new leaf etc?

Tony

killerplantsguy, is possible to post a pic of your copelandii's stem? have you seen mine?

This is my copelandii, it's the form from Apo:

copelandii1.jpg

It looks very similar to the one killerplantguy is growing, I think.
Cheers,
T.

see all these look diff from mine! is there anyone out there with almost the plant as mine? i must have the opposite of what everybody has!
smile_h_32.gif

tonyc, your stem is green! mine is red.

834N_Copelandii_2_1_-med.jpg

fc3srx713b , no, you must have a unique and special coplandii! You seem to be growing in full sun, whereas the others appear to be grown under lights or in a greenhouse. That could account for the red stems and such. Also, yours appears to be from a cutting, so perhaps you're looking at an intermediate pitcher rather than a lower? In any case, they all look good. I gotta get me one of those someday.

Capslock

Sdruggins, that's a stenophylla, stenophylla, stenophylla
biggrin.gif
!

Back