What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rust spots....

I think my N. sanguinea "orange pitchers" has rust spots.

What causes it?

How do I get rid of them?

I'm almost positive these are rust spots... I'd like to get rid of them.
If a picture is necessary then I can get one.

Sound like leafburns...I have it on my old truncata leaves to..but they disappear on the new ones.

Man have they relised FFXII?
confused.gif
I WANT IT!!
smile_m_32.gif

Noooo, that's not FFXII. That's FFVII Advent Children. I just watched it!!!

Words cannot describe how good of a movie that is...

thats a movie? I thought it was a game :p

Lol! Nope.

Anyways, my sanguinea will heal after a while right? I can't think of any reason to dismiss the idea of leaf burn so I guess that's what it is. If it's not that bad of a problem then I guess I don't have to worry about it, so...thanks!

Well you could have put it a little shadeir...But i think it will be fine...watch the new leaves..

The news leaves are the color they're supposed to be. Then they kind of turn yellow.... I gotta think of a shadier spot to put it in...

Spots on leaves are caused by numerous things, a picture is needed to have any idea of what we're talking about. Large irregular spots are often due to environmental damage: sunburn, rubbing against something, insect damage etc. Round spots can be caused by certain environmental factors (such a too cool conditions for lowlanders) but also by fungal infections and other pathogens.

I would tend to doubt that it's sun damage, unless it is a plant that has been grown in low light conditions that has been moved to a brighter position. As most Nepenthes will grow happily in full sun.

Any chance of a decent picture?

is this what youre talking about?  look at the leaves and tell me!  my sanguinea won 1st place in the CP division.:D
834N_Sanguinea_6_1_.jpg

Back