Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Name that nep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought those about four months ago and have not seen any since. When I was in the check out line, everyone was asking me what they where. When I told them that the plants eat bugs, two people got out of line to get one. Being in Florida (the bug capital of the world) I'm surprised everyone didn't get out of line for one. But like I said, they where sold out in a couple of weeks. Iím wondering why they have not brought in more.
    I'm still living off the corpse of the old world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Sep. 16 2005,4:25)]Some of those people will become interested enough to persue them and join the ranks of us obsessed nuts!
    thats right! >;-D
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt Walmart could keep any of the harder species/hybrids alive long enough to get that big. They would also have to compete for the more specialized plants which have a much more limited availability and higher price. They can do that with ventrata as it is widely available and mostly ignored by the specialty growers/sellers. I have seen ventricosa at Walmart and many of them died before they sold. But its a start! I'm sure there will be some other widely available, easy hybrids in the future, but don't expect to find a N. villosa there.
    A day without Nepenthes is like a day without sunshine

--steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is truly a impressive plant for $8..
    Tony is spot-on. These are all tc clones and make pretty good lures for future fools-er, brethren and sisters into our hobby.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang! I always check my Wal-Mart for CPs and I haven't even found a Venus Flytrap there, let alone a monster Nep like that one [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

I might go to Wal-Mart tomorrow to check [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may have been a one time thing. Ever since I got hooked on CP's, I watch all the stores like a hawk. My biggest trap producing VFT came from Lowes. I also recued some Sarrs from ace-hardware. One died but the others are making a come back including a beautiful scarlet belle.
    I'm still living off the corpse of the old world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ Same here, all my plants I bought from major retailers have grown the biggest and most colorfull ( especially Scarlet Belle ). Second up would be E-Bay, their stuff grows like crazy.

-Rail
    My life sucks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123