What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes and girlfriends/wifes dont mix!

Well.... what should i say! Sometimes they ristrict you on expanding your collection! I hope no one is going through the same thing! Why do you think i say "nepenthes are the cure to my stress"! They do!

lol

lol my wife doesnt mind them. she doesnt particularialy care for them but we live in a small town in the middle of nowhere and she knows a person needs their distractions, besides i spend less on Neps over the course of the year than she does on books(her main distraction) so she isnt about to say anything about what i spend on Neps

Sure, a guy needs his distractions, and Nepenthes are so much cheaper than hookers.

... Or, uh, so I've been told!

Come to think of it, some Nepenthes are more expensive than hookers. Seriously, I do believe that several of the great CP godfathers of the 70' and 80's suffered through bitter divorces.
Personally, I don't tell me wife to stop feeding her horses, and she doesn't tell me to let my plants freeze. It is an uneasy truce, but it's working so far. We'll see how she reacts next month when I get huge boxes from Germany, Sri Lanka, Australia, Malaysia, and Thailand. I might be sleeping in the doghouse for a few weeks.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

My fiance doesn't mind. She helps me pick them!

I thought about posting a humerous response - but my wife might hurt me. Seriously, relationships are way more important than plants. Don't let the plants ruin a good thing - (right, honey?) It is far easier to replace a plant than a relationship. And as soon as you get that plant you have been lusting for, you find a new plant to lust after. Enjoy the pursuit, life is in the journey, not the destination.

I try not to mix my personal life and plants. Although, when I bring girls into my room and they see a bigas cage full of carnivorous plants, it's rather difficult. Oh well, better to be out the house I guess
biggrin.gif
!

I feel your pain FC. I'm on plant restriction at the moment too. I'm also an Orchid guy and some of those can be quite pricey as well if you get them big enough. Seedlings are inexpensive, but you have to wait years to see them bloom sometimes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Sep. 17 2005,1:46)]I feel  your pain FC.  I'm on plant restriction at the moment too.
its ok... somedat they will understand....someday......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (WalterG @ Sep. 17 2005,9:22)]Sure, a guy needs his distractions, and Nepenthes are so much cheaper than hookers.

... Or, uh, so I've been told!

Come to think of it, some Nepenthes are more expensive than hookers.  Seriously, I do believe that several of the great CP godfathers of the 70' and 80's suffered through bitter divorces.  
Personally, I don't tell me wife to stop feeding her horses, and she doesn't tell me to let my plants freeze.  It is an uneasy truce, but it's working so far.  We'll see how she reacts next month when I get huge boxes from Germany, Sri Lanka, Australia, Malaysia, and Thailand.  I might be sleeping in the doghouse for a few weeks.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
lol
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (srduggins @ Sep. 17 2005,11:38)]I thought about posting a humerous response - but my wife might hurt me. Seriously, relationships are way more important than plants. Don't let the plants ruin a good thing - (right, honey?) It is far easier to replace a plant than a relationship. And as soon as you get that plant you have been lusting for, you find a new plant to lust after. Enjoy the pursuit, life is in the journey, not the destination.
....kinda mushy, no? well ur right...

my problem is opposite! i like them and my husband doesn't. he doesn't get to upset if i balance my time equally. lol! but i don't tell him to put his guitar down every time he goes to play so it's kind of a balance.

lol! thats great prizmbatch, finally a lady nepaholic:D telll us the recent plant restriction or a time when husband got mad because of a large order or an expensive plant! mine was when i spent about 120.00 on small nepenthes...???

For me it's the parents, they always say " You need to go out more an find a good girlfriend instead of tending to all those plants and working on that car." My mom has accually come over and taken Nep's from me because she thought I had to many. One time she came over and took my 400hp RX7
smile_k_ani_32.gif
, thats when I had to take all my keys away. Oh well, she's cool anyway

-Rail

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ Sep. 20 2005,12:21)]One time she came over and took my 400hp RX7
smile_k_ani_32.gif

dam that harsh! that like hitting below the belt for a fc fanatic! its about time someone puts a beffy car on a thread, i bet many people that grow nepenthes have gas savers or not really into cars! lol for all you gas savers that drive prius
smile_n_32.gif

copcarfc and i are probably the only ones that have these two hobbies, nepenthes and cars! can this get any better?!?!?!
smile_m_32.gif
well that just probably means more money to spend huh?
smile_l_32.gif

I honestly don't know how I make it. I spend so much money on cars, then I get addicted to CP's. I don't even make that much cash but somehow I can spend $2k on something for the car I really don't need. I am now in the process of building a room sized terrarium in one of my spare rooms, when I told my mom she went nuts. But hey, I still have a house, and food so I'm fine.

-Rail

lol thats good! i try to save. until now i havent bought any plants for more than a month, not even cheap cp!
smile_h_32.gif

Hi,

i think our hobby is perfect for every relationships.
You stay at home much of the time and your girlfriend always knows where to find you.
smile_m_32.gif

You will catch all kind of insects and bugs - only to rescue her of them
smilie4.gif

You will tell her such nice things, like her eyes are brighter than the eyes of your N. reinwardtiana.
smile_l_32.gif

And at last, you will kiss her always after hugging your N. rajah.
smile_r_32.gif

Cheers,
Dominik

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dominik Stadelbauer @ Sep. 22 2005,2:12)]1)You stay at home much of the time and your girlfriend always knows where to find you.
smile_m_32.gif

2)You will catch all kind of insects and bugs - only to rescue her of them
smilie4.gif

3)You will tell her such nice things, like her eyes are brighter than the eyes of your  N. reinwardtiana.
smile_l_32.gif

4)And at last, you will kiss her always after hugging your N. rajah.  
smile_r_32.gif

Cheers,
Dominik
1)thats no good
confused.gif

2)true!
smile_m_32.gif

3)kinda musshy, dont you think?
smile_l_32.gif

4) lol so true!
smile_n_32.gif

*lol* i wonder whats gonna happen when i get a jaq or even worse a hairy hamata! i think that will be the last time i will ever write on the forums!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Back