What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love my sibuyanensis

i dont know why but when i saw this nepenthes i HAD TO GET IT!!!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Must have for anyone that collects nepenthes!

This is a truly great plant with a nice pitcher and @ a great price for 18.00!!!  What a steal!

834N_Sibuyanensis_3_1_.jpg

834N_Sibuyanensis_2_1_1.jpg

(HELP US!!!)
834N_Sibuyanensis_4_1_.jpg
smile.gif

tubby pitcher do rule
biggrin.gif

Nice specimen. I'm anxious to see what it will look like in the coming months.

I have a couple of sibies, but they seem to take a long time to settle in and start pitchering.
Here's the first half-decent-looking pitcher I've grown:

siby.jpg

Cheers,
T.

Oh nice Tonyc. That is a wonderfull specimen. Is that a particular variety or will fc3's get like that too?

Hi, FStP.
When I bought the plant it was just labelled 'N. sibuyanensis'.
I grow the clone sibt-28 too. Although it makes loads of pitchers it seems a lot less colourful, so far.
Cheers,
T.

Pretty fond of Sibuyanensis myself,mine took ages to settle in but now its going great guns,needs pitchers resting on some sort of moss or something to keep up humidity i find, resulting in bigger pitchers.
Bye for now Julian

Yes, my experience is that unless the tendrils are resting on moss they won't pitcher at all.

Here's my sibt-28, every leaf has a pitcher, but none so pretty:

sibt-28A.jpg

I've been wanting to get a sib for a while now. What colors do the pitchers range? I heard there might be a clone with purple pitchers, is this true?

Yeah, I got to hold it today, too. No wonder Santos was willing to trade his smaller one to me. Santos and Co. stopped by for a tour. It was nice talking to Jess on the phone. Santos has really brought us O.C. growers together.

Yea it certainly was nice to hang out. I don't feel all alone in my nepenthes venture now
smile.gif
. It was nice talking to you to Steve.
cool.gif

now im hopeing to reach out to other people in the san diego area, you know who you are dont be shy!
smile_m_32.gif
hey jess, why dont you post a pic of one of your chubby pitchers?
cool.gif

I will waiting for a few new ones to open. That N. tomoriana is about to oepen
cool.gif

its about to open a new one too, it was hiden behind my N. rowanae. I just found it when I was moving stuff around.

Wow, those are some nice sibuyanensis pitchers! I got one a few months ago from my friend, it wasn't going well for him so he though I might be ale to do something with it. The first pitcher came out without a lid, but the next one is still inflating and looking good!

Resized_Sibuyanensis_Basal03.jpg

In that picture you can see the lidless pitcher, the forming pitcher in the top left (it's considerably bigger now) and the basal shoots! I wasn't much of a fan of this plant at first, but I must say that it's grown on me!

thats great! look @ that little buger!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

thats a hard one to pitcher too and looks like theres improvement!  make sure to post again when the other inflates and opens!
you know u may wanna place some moss on top of the mix thats there to help with the pitchering

Back