User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'bout when does U. livida start flowering?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

I've had a U. livida plant for 'bout 2 weeks now, and it has been making some new smaller leaves. I planted it into a 5" deep and 6" wide pot (I know, it's kinda big). When should I start expecting it to flower? Should it have flowered by now? Or am I just incredibly impatient? By the way, I keep the water level anywhere from 3 inches to one inch below the soil level, the temp stays at 80 fahrenheit during the day, 70 at night, and it gets 82 watts of light. And it's soil is about one part peat to one part sand, with a teeny little pinch of perlite.

Many thanks,
    -Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Dec. 03 2005,4:46)]I've had a U. livida plant for 'bout 2 weeks now, and it has been making some new smaller leaves. I planted it into a 5" deep and 6" wide pot (I know, it's kinda big). When should I start expecting it to flower? Should it have flowered by now? Or am I just incredibly impatient? By the way, I keep the water level anywhere from 3 inches to one inch below the soil level, the temp stays at 80 fahrenheit during the day, 70 at night, and it gets 82 watts of light. And it's soil is about one part peat to one part sand, with a teeny little pinch of perlite.

Many thanks,
    -Ben
    Mine took anout 4 weeks to make its first flower. Once they begin to flower, they rarely stop.
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. Awesome to hear that! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smilie4.gif[/img]
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    generally they need to get themselves a lil crowded in the pot. i rarly get flowers from any of my Utrics till they start feeling a bit crowded livida is an extreamly fast grower in most conditions and ive had it go from a dime sized plug to filling the surface of a 4 inch pot in 6 or 7 weeks. i would expect you to start seeing flowers in another 2-4 weeks.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience: In the spring of 2004, I was given a pinch of U. sandersonni, the blue version, and U. livida. I knew nothing about these plants at all. While both sandersonni spread nicely, by summer, the regular version began flowering. The livida just layed there, neither dying nor spreading. In June, I moved them outside. Shortly thereafter, I gave what I thought was all of it to someone who wanted Utrics for their terrarium. But apparently, there was activity below the surface and it made a comeback. By late fall and through the winter, it flowered. As Dewy indicated, this plant flowers profusely and is something to look forward to during the winter months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's pretty cool how utrics have that above ground/under ground growth habit. Say, Jim, have you moved into your new home yet?
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet. I am staying with a co-worker for another week. I had hoped to take the CP collection with me, but it looks as though my son, who is also down here, will have a lot of stuff to fill the car. So I will probably have to keep them at the lab, under the trusted care of another co-worker / forum member, for a few weeks, until my return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose that also means no sandersonii for another few weeks. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast