What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Propagating more Genlisea and Utrics

I have been propagating many of my utrics from single lolons into 1.5"x1.5" cells to make plugs for trading.

Last night, I started a try of U. sp. 2 (livida-like clone from Copper; anybody know what it is?), one of G. hispidula, and one of G. lobata x violacea (giant).

It's been my belief that U. calycifida cultivars would want more room that a 1.5" plug, but I will try them next.

the calycifida will need more room at some point but you should be able to get them started in those cells

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Dec. 27 2005,11:19)]the calycifida will need more room at some point but you should be able to get them started in those cells
I'll have to post a list of all the starter plugs i have available now. I have quite a few!

I'd love to see pics of G.lobata X violaceae "giant"!! I knew there was a hybrid with regular violacea, but not the giant form!

I'm interested in aquiring the larger, orchidaeceous flowered species such as U. humboldti, nelumbiflora, alpina, quelchii... established in 1" cells or better.

Please PM with pics and prices if anyone has any of them. Send pics of flower and leaf so I can look it up and verify with the Utric book from Kew RBG.

Established Nep cuttings are also available in trade for those US growers with the right stuff who don't want money. Trades/purchases to be done from April or later due to temps in my area.

Back