User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: U. livida smells like hyacinths

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One day, I was just lookin' at my terrarium, when I decided to smell it for no particular reason. When I did, I smelled a very nice smell, kind of like a hyacinth or like any of those flowers that pop up in spring. I traced it to my U. livida clump, which has dozens of flowers. I noticed it makes the strongest scent during late morning and noon, then stops making the smell at night. It wasn't my Nepenthes or my Butterwort, I'm sure. Has anyone else noticed this?

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Mar. 11 2006,5:28)]One day, I was just lookin' at my terrarium, when I decided to smell it for no particular reason. When I did, I smelled a very nice smell, kind of like a hyacinth or like any of those flowers that pop up in spring. I traced it to my U. livida clump, which has dozens of flowers. I noticed it makes the strongest scent during late morning and noon, then stops making the smell at night. It wasn't my Nepenthes or my Butterwort, I'm sure. Has anyone else noticed this?

-Ben
    I have never noticed it, but I have been smelling them ever since another similar post a week ago or so...

I still haven't noticed it.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking