What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. livida smells like hyacinths

One day, I was just lookin' at my terrarium, when I decided to smell it for no particular reason. When I did, I smelled a very nice smell, kind of like a hyacinth or like any of those flowers that pop up in spring. I traced it to my U. livida clump, which has dozens of flowers. I noticed it makes the strongest scent during late morning and noon, then stops making the smell at night. It wasn't my Nepenthes or my Butterwort, I'm sure. Has anyone else noticed this?

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Mar. 11 2006,5:28)]One day, I was just lookin' at my terrarium, when I decided to smell it for no particular reason.  When I did, I smelled a very nice smell, kind of like a hyacinth or like any of those flowers that pop up in spring.  I traced it to my U. livida clump, which has dozens of flowers.  I noticed it makes the strongest scent during late morning and noon, then stops making the smell at night.  It wasn't my Nepenthes or my Butterwort, I'm sure.  Has anyone else noticed this?

-Ben
I have never noticed it, but I have been smelling them ever since another similar post a week ago or so...

I still haven't noticed it.

Back