Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: U. reniformis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK name time! "Tony's Terror" Errrr, any plans to market the plant anytime in the next decade (which is about all I got I figure)?
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmmmm might have to divide mine and try growin it similar to yours Tony along side one grown Pyro's way see if i get better results. do you fertilize yours?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't fertilize them directly. Something I have thought about fiddling around with on the Utrics at some point. As for now they may pick up just a very dilute feeding from the water that exits the Sarracenia which they sit next too. The benches where my Utrics, Sarracenia and VFT are solid surface and the water flows to one end before draining. So any water coming out of the Sarracenia pots would run past the Utrics and VFT. I don't go crazy with the Sarracenia but they do get a light sprinkle of Osmocote in the Spring.

T
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Tony!

Congrats, I didn't even know this hybrid was possible! At least in nature their pollinators seem to be very different, since no hybrids are observed between species of Section Iperua.

Best Wishes,
    Fernando Rivadavia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine gets a shot with dilute fert once in awhile when i foliar feed my neps as its sitting nexxt to my jac x izumae and veitchii
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A while back I wrote an article for Carniflora Australis and they sent me a copy. In the same issue there was an article by a guy who grew his in potting soil (John Innes mix) watered the thing like any houseplant (from the top weekly), and fertilized monthly with an epiphite fertilizer. The plant was a monster, and he says it flowered three times a year for him. OK, so he had a greenhouse. Still, I am going to try the small form of this species in some dirt this season as I have enough to make a division...one tough plant that is and one of the few survivors in my collection.

I am also interested in tryig some terresterials in acid soil. Carolina Biological Supply Co. used to sell it for their CP customers. I have a hunch it will prove better for U. cornuta which is a sparse grower for me.

One thing I am sure of, U. reniformis does not like it overly wet, notr does it seem to demand any great humidity. The best lolons grew out of the top of the small terrarium I had it in and grew larger than the ones inside, lol. Same for U. humboldtii....they did better during my period of neglecting them, and this meant letting them get nearly dry before watering.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123