What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. reniformis

mine gets a shot with dilute fert once in awhile when i foliar feed my neps as its sitting nexxt to my jac x izumae and veitchii

A while back I wrote an article for Carniflora Australis and they sent me a copy. In the same issue there was an article by a guy who grew his in potting soil (John Innes mix) watered the thing like any houseplant (from the top weekly), and fertilized monthly with an epiphite fertilizer. The plant was a monster, and he says it flowered three times a year for him. OK, so he had a greenhouse. Still, I am going to try the small form of this species in some dirt this season as I have enough to make a division...one tough plant that is and one of the few survivors in my collection.

I am also interested in tryig some terresterials in acid soil. Carolina Biological Supply Co. used to sell it for their CP customers. I have a hunch it will prove better for U. cornuta which is a sparse grower for me.

One thing I am sure of, U. reniformis does not like it overly wet, notr does it seem to demand any great humidity. The best lolons grew out of the top of the small terrarium I had it in and grew larger than the ones inside, lol. Same for U. humboldtii....they did better during my period of neglecting them, and this meant letting them get nearly dry before watering.

Back