What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Containers for Utrics

For you experts out there:

I am going to try to grow my Utrics in a 4.5" plastic container that you get when you order Chinese food and get soup. I am growing them undrained in peat/perlite. The cups are kind of opaque. Is alge on the sides going to be a problem?

isnt that like re enforced paper, and would eventualy just kind of turn out like Soggy cardboard?

Nah thats when you order rice et cetera. This stuff is plastic, it even says reuseable and recycleable on the bottom, so I did.

I know what he means... it's the won ton soup plastic container. Algae could be an issue, but it can also be removed. Here's another idea, with H.D. throwaways:

Strausplants001.jpg

What jim showed is great if you dont have much cash... but for 20 bucks you can get 50 3.5 square pots! I have room for 7 more plants!!!! SEVEN!! and a nice uniform arrangement!

http://stores.ebay.com/Genas-O....2QQtZkm
It goes up to 4inch square if you want bigger. Its great for Drosera Utircs and Pings.

Cheers

LOL! Yeah, my efforts are a cross between Oliver Twist & "ghetto".

Wow! That's a great idea with the H.D. throwouts jimscott. I see that you grow a lot of plants in them. Just wondering though... What are H.D. throwouts? I gotta get some of those
smile.gif

The garden center will have a lot of the black plastic trays, that re used for displaying plants. These trays came from a display of roses that were wrapped in plastic. Just ask a garden associate.

Back