Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: aldrovanda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys I hate to interrupt this drama...
    but I still need a way to get rid of algae. Aldrovanda's doing great but theres little algae forming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]from the PM you sent me TIG it sounds like your the one who knows everything! bring it. show off your knowledge to the members of TF
    Iv been growing Nepenthes and all other genera of Carnivorous plants since before you were born!
    A know it all is somebody who dose not grow the plant but still think that they know every aspect of it and how to keep it in captivity! (you) take my advice and speak only from your experiances, not somebody elces because each individual has a different experience.
    Atleast thats my definition of it.

Quote[/b] ]Edit: and TIG whats your experience? How to be a troll? why would you jon a forum to complain about one of the members? If you think alex has incorrect info site your source and prove it untill then its your opinion
    You shouldn't say such nice things about trolls such as myself!

Quote[/b] ]Hey guys I hate to interrupt this drama...
    but I still need a way to get rid of algae. Aldrovanda's doing great but theres little algae forming
    A ph of 6-6.5 will keep the Aldrovanda happy and slow the algae down,put water plants such as lilly pads in the tank to soak up any excess nutrients that cause algae to grow.
    Also put pond snails in the tank and they shall eat the algae.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DUDE..............your getting a stalker!

as for gliders advise, it falls in line with what you just said just a different way of going about it. as to whether it adds extra C02 in amounts to be benificial would require testing but i think the theory is sound. as for algae, as long as its on the side of the tank and not growing on the plant no biggy, infact a good mat of algea on the back glass of a tank will probably starve out free floating algae.

TIG, dont sign up just to harass the newbies, its not a good practice
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is some on the plants, I took it off manually, but it would be nice if something could prevent it from growing there altogether
    in other respects theyre great, and the algae didn't harm them cos it didnt get too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]TIG, dont sign up just to harass the newbies, its not a good practice
    AMEN BROTHA!
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (glider14 @ July 02 2006,11:52)]
    Quote[/b] ]TIG, dont sign up just to harass the newbies, its not a good practice
    AMEN BROTHA!
    alex
    Yeesh! give it a break! your the most childish person in the cp community.
    Quote[/b] ]There is some on the plants, I took it off manually, but it would be nice if something could prevent it from growing there altogether
    Quote[/b] ]Quote
    Hey guys I hate to interrupt this drama...

A ph of 6-6.5 will keep the Aldrovanda happy and slow the algae down,put water plants such as lilly pads in the tank to soak up any excess nutrients that cause algae to grow.
    Also put pond snails in the tank and they shall eat the algae.

Good luck!
    You have the ansers just look for them,pond snails eat algae.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]when LFS decays under water it lets off CO2 as with any other decaying organism. just somthing i learned in Biology class
    You don't even need to wait for decomposition- plants create O2 during photosynthesis (the process of making food) but they USE O2 and produce CO2 during respiration (the process of using the food!) So just having a plant underwater will have an effect on the O2 and CO2 levels.

Quote[/b] ]... Aldrovanda vesiculosa is quite a hard species to grow, giving 2nd hand advice thats usually wrong really ticks people off! especially when it could kill the plant.
    Welcome to the TF community. I hate to welcome you with reprimand, but this is not an appropriate comment. We hear at terra forums maintain a level of courtast for ALL members, new and veteran, experienced and unexperienced, old and young.

Alex, as he has expressed he would like to be known as, has done nothing but help and contribute accurate information to the best of his knowledge. We do not appreciate the excessive heckling of members who are simply trying to be helpful in a constructive manner. Alex made no comment with the intent (or possablity at that) of harming any plants, but merely added in a helpful comment about a general biological phenomena. Fact is fact.

TIG, please be more considerate of all members on this forum and if someone posts incorrect information, then address it in a respectful manner. If you have further problems with a member(s), then feel free to contact a moderator.

And now we can drop it.

Quote[/b] ]but I still need a way to get rid of algae. Aldrovanda's doing great but theres little algae forming
    Good luck with your plants! There appears to be information here as to the control of algae. I can't offer much more than the advice to physically remove what you can see on the plant. A little slime mold could actually do your water ecosystem good! You can always check google for practices which discourage the establishment of algol colonies.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOOOKKKK. Enough of that. There will be no more personal attacks in this thread. Everyone here has a right to express their thoughts and ideas. It is everyone's right to consider the advice or ignore it. There is no need for the rude comments.

The rule of this forum is "BE NICE". Please continue discussing this topic in a respectful manner. If you can't do that, don't post.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast