Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: U. longifolia

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprise, surprise, mine won't flower either!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some U. longifolia thriving on the wall of my terrarium.
    I don't understand it, it's just growing on the wet wall next to the pot, its not connected to the main plant. (picture to come).

Sadly the main plant isn't doing so well anymore, i think it choked itself after growing so many traps and "roots"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly the main plant isn't doing so well anymore, i think it choked itself after growing so many traps and "roots"

this is why Utrics need to be divided regularly, if yah dont they tend to crash and it usually happens fast. ive had overcrowded pots go from looking fine(though really crowded) to complete brown mush in 10 days. regular divisions prevemnts this
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so i got i in LFS...when it gets too big how would i go about dividing it? since i never have before
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just cut a chunk out and start it in a new pot, or cut the whole mat up and start off in a bunch of new pots..
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Literally pull a chunk apart and start it off in another pot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this just isn't very encouraging.

I have minimal experience with Utrics and this is one of the ones that I have from Sarr NW. I am going to repot it but was confused about some stalks sticking up that look like grass. I was wondering if all of the leaves are roundish or if some blade-of-grass looking ones are found. OR are there indeed some pieces of grass growing in this pot? From the discussions on here, it seems like it doesn't really matter too much. I guess I shouldn't be expecting any flowers either.

This and the mat of gibba aren't helping to pump me up to further the Utric collection. I knocked the jar with the gibba into the garbage can next to the bathroom sink and when I pulled it out...it turned out that it was actually a mat of hair! I guess I'll just have to wait a bit but a plant that gets confused for shower drain matter...I don't know.

Which leads to yet another question...cleaning algea off of a gibba. I couldn't get all of the green slime off. Anybody have a trick?

I know nothing about these guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what are you using for soil? if it has chilean LFS in it its prolly full of reed seeds, the stuff i buy always is. as for flowering, some ppl have great luck and some ppl have no luck, yah dont know unless you try.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast