What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

it made my day, would it have made yours?

who am i kidding it made my month
smile.gif

i was told the division of U. humboldtii coming my way was large but well............................just check out the pic, i was speachless when i saw it
Uhumboldtii.jpg

ooooh I thought all utics had small leaves. I want to try some of the big leaf ones.
smile_n_32.gif

try and get ahold of U. reniformis its prolly the easiest to find of the "macro" Utrics. this humboldtii is an unusually large clone, infact up until it showing up i didnt realize it got the species could get this big. ive had a hell of a time tracking down a good division of this sppecies, its supposed to be EXTREAMLY difficult to start from a small division and all i had been able to get ahold of in the past are one or two lollon plants. when i was told this would be a large division i though comfortable in a 4 inch pot, this is going to need atleast an 8
smile_n_32.gif

oh and im told the flower spikes on this monster get 37 inches tall
smile_k_ani_32.gif

smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I'd known that some Utrics get pretty big... But that's pretty freaking impressive! Keep us up to date with shots. Best of luck growing it- I'm just getting in to Utrics now and am loving it.
smile.gif

I'm with you Est. I am just getting into Utrics, and I had not clue. All of my utrics are pretty small. I have one that the leaves are about an inch long, but compaired to most of my orchids are still small. I will look for that Utic you mentions rattler, and once you get your new baby established and growing I might have to bug you for a trade.
smile_n_32.gif

And to think so many people have ignored my trade offers in the past. A lesson well learned Sheridan. It was a pleasure bringing you such joy!

JB, most of my Utrics are pretty small. the only large lollon species i have are reniformis, nelumbifolia, longifolia and now this humboldtii. ill get a pic of aureomaculata tonight with something for size referance, now that thing has tiny lollons

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Aug. 04 2006,11:42)]JB, most of my Utrics are pretty small. the only large lollon species i have are reniformis, nelumbifolia, longifolia and now this humboldtii.
Now I know you have at least one more ;)

lol guess what yah mean by large, calycifida has put out larger lollons than alpina or asplundii or alpina x endresii for me the 4 i listed are consireably larger than those 3 even if they are no slouches
smile_m_32.gif

besides, reniformis, neilumbifolia and longifolia are much easier to get ahold of than the others except maybe alpina is a bit easier to track down than neilumbifolia

Maybe but they are still larger leaved than your typical terrestrial. Plus there are some forms of alpina that have MONSTER leaves. Like the Henry Pittier #1 clone.

sure add something else to my list to look for............you are trouble you know that
smile_n_32.gif

Just doing my part to corrupt evry CPer to a love of Utrics. HAve I not sent you a pic of the HP yet? I have to fix that right now...

rattler: check the bladders... GINORMOUS! could you PM me the source from where you got this beauty?
Alex

read the thread close, its in there as to who i got it from but weither he has anymore or not i cant say cause im aware of another similar sized division was sent out this week to someone else. i have it sitting aside in a 10 gal tank for the moment as im picking up supplies over lunch today to get it potted up. ill take pics of any bladders i see and post them later tonight.

Well, I guess I have some to keep a mental note out for. Thanks for the info. After I finish a trade I am currently in then I will start my hunt.

Nice coup! I've seen lollons as big as my hand on this species...I have the clone but it hasn't approached its former growers size and it's never flowered for me.

Back