What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utric. sandersonni (purple form?)

Finally got this to flower for the first time. A friend remarked that it looks like the purple form. I would like to seek the opinion of the forumers on whether this is true because I thought I had the normal white form.
U_sandersonii_1.jpg

I think it's more commonly referred to as the 'blue form'. And yup, yours looks to be that form.

-Ben

So, there is no such time as a purple form?

only ones i know of are the standard and the blue.........though i dont think either are officially described. in all reality the amount and type of light it recieves can affect color somewhat. ive had some ffairly bland blue form flowers and some fairly colorful standard form flowers(color isnt the only way to tell them apart.....the spurs are also quite different)

The 'blue form' flowers have always looked purple to me. I just kind of nodded and went, "uh-huh" when people called them blue before.
~Joe

kinda like the wife swearing the sheets on our bed are green and i keep telling her they are grey
tounge.gif

Thanks guys! I am just happy that this fellow actually flowered to begin with and is the blue form to boot!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Dec. 05 2006,12:16)]kinda like the wife swearing the sheets on our bed are green and i keep telling her they are grey
tounge.gif
I think it's called puse.

These guys are always in flower it seems like. Sandersonii, Livida, and one other have been in flower since it has gotten cooler. Now if I could just get the others to bloom I would be happy.

Nice job and nice looking flower BTW

yup. blue form. ill put up a pic of mine when i get home
smile.gif

Alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Dec. 06 2006,11:58)]These guys are always in flower it seems like. Sandersonii, Livida, and one other have been in flower since it has gotten cooler. Now if I could just get the others to bloom I would be happy.

Nice job and nice looking flower BTW
I guess you are right. I am living in very hot and humid Singapore and this only flowered when I took it into my office where there is airconditioning during office hours.

sandersonii_blue_2.jpg

sandersonii_blue_3.jpg

thats mine...only has flowered once but i have had it since may. it sent up maby... 15 or so blooms(i traded some off).
Alex

I have actually seen both forms of the flower on the same stem. it was before my digital camera phase.
I am waiting for it to occur again so I can capture it on film.
Lois

Back