What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How rare is Utric microcaylix?

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
I am just curious as to how rare this plant really is. I don;t have it in my collection and was curious as to how many others have it. It is being offered on Ebay, but if I could trade for it it would be better for me. I just see alot of things listed as rare, and just wanted to know if it really is.

Depends if what is being offered is actually the real thing or not. There is a bit of conjecture over what most of the plants that growers have in their collection and if they truly are U. microcalyx. I am currently growing a plant that was grown from seed given to me as U. microcalyx but I am not convinced it is the true species.

If you do a search on the forum for threads involving U. microcalyx you'll see what I mean.....

Carniflora, a nursery in The Netherlands grows what i believe to be the real thing from tissueculture.
It is not to rare overhere therefore, though by no meance as common as sandersonii or livida.

Marcel

Back