What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aldrovanda Attempt

YOU HORRIBLE PERSON!

Lol.

All this talk about Aldrovanda makes me want to get up and go make an Aldrovanda container with all the content and tell the seller to send me my dang Aldrovanda now. Water VFT much?

I suppose not, but, why not give it a try? XD

Yup.. I murdered a bunch of leaves. I don't think I got enough though. Now my room smells like birch leaves. :p

I didn't use those birch leaves.. I used pre-killed leaves that I got from my uncle's back yard. I have my whooolllee tank setup and I even ordered a CO2 fizz factory that will keep the amount of CO2 in the tank at a good level. But uhh.. I have one problem... the stupid LFS floated to the top. And some leaves came up too.. since it was kinda hard to take that thing outside without shaking it so much (it weighs like 80 pounds and I only had it filled half way at the time) but yeah.. I'm really REALLY hoping that the LFS and leaves since. Oh and I definitely have the brown water thing down.

Now I just need to get the hyacinth and wait for the aldrovanda to arrive.

Those fizz factories are a joke man. The kind that has a single bubble and it diffuses over a week? Oh no that's crap. If you want to use something, make a yeast co2 generator. And when it's over you'll have liquor! Hurray!

I should be getting 30-40 plants of the Kyoto and Tokyo strains by the end of the month. I'll take pics.

Wow 30-40. o.o

The yeast CO2 generator is too complicated but once I get sick of using the fizzing things, I'll probably make one. It's just a pain going around and finding all this crap to make it. The main thing that I don't have is tubing to use and a drill to make the hole. I could just hammer a screwdriver into it I supposed, but I still don't know where to get the tubing...

Oh and I think the LFS is sinking.. it's still not on the bottom but it's not on the top anymore..

Wal-mart fish section :)

Wow, wal-mart has a fish section?

Cool.. then I'll have to go there and get some.. Wal-Mart is like 30 minutes away though.. *groan* So sick of driving.

Hey at least you can drive. I could if I can get off my butt and take the test for my learners. Then I'll be able to get my permit when I'm.. 18 :(

I've never not seen tubing in a wal-mart fish section, and I've never seen a wal-mart without a fish section. Any pet store will have it if you have a petstore that's closer to you than wal-mart.

Nope, I live in the middle of nowhere.. wal-mart is pretty much my best bet.

My work is a 35 minute drive away. x_x

I got my learner's permit like exactly one month after my 16th birthday and I got my license exactly 6 months after getting my permit... needless to say... I REALLY wanted a license. Good luck with your permit.. the test can be tricky if you don't read it right.

OH! Get a check valve because those yeast generators are notorious for spewing yeast soup into tanks.

I got my fizz factory and my U. gibba.. aldrovanda SHOULD be here like tomorrow or before the end of the week.

I don't care what you say, that fizz factory is COOL.. I can probably actually use it with yeast after I run out of CO2 tabs. It is pretty freakin' neat though.

On the whole killing leaves issue, according to www.world-of-carnivores.com on growing aldrovanda, fresh plant matter will encourage fungus growth. That site also has information on building CO2 reactors in case you want to take a look.

P.S.-A blowback container does a good job of keeping "spewing yeast" at bay.

Back