What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a different look at reniformis

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

That's one way to kill your plant :blush: seriously though, good luck hehe It's awesome to see how thick that stuff is!!

actually it was growing in perlite covered with LFS..........a quick dunk in a bucket of water got rid of everything.........transplanted it into a new mix.......

what is the new mix made out of? Thanks

you prolly dont want to know...........will let yah know if it works.........basically its an offshoot of my Mexi-Ping mix.........

Ok, I'm recieving a 3 inch+ reniformis tuber from a trade so I kinda wanted to know the best soil. So these things flower for you much?

never seen a flower.............if you want to know how i grew it to that.....it was a drained pot, 3 inches of perlite on the bottom, 2 inches of LFS on the top, top water when the top bit of LFS was dry to the touch...........however thats not what im going for, i either want huge leaves or small leaves and flowers, so im trying something else. however it grew just fine for 2 years like i stated, just not how i wanted it to.........

U. reniformis has my favorite flower in all of CP-dom. Holler when you find the 'secret'.

im trying but dont hold your breath.......everytime i change it i give it a couple years to see what its going to do.....done 2 changes since ive had it :grin:

here it is almost 2 months after the last pics............most leaves ive seen in quite awhile. the ziplock bag is just being used as a water tray, its never been closed

IMG_7381.jpg

that's awesome man! Looks like it's enjoying the new media :)

See any flower spikes yet? :p

Back