Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: U. humboldtii plug

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    low humidity...........was growing it as a house plant...........so they have been fairly short lived.....few months or so but are continually replaced with new ones.......now that its in the greenhouse in the basement they dont die off as quickly but i sent xvart the plug shortly after the greenhouse was built so it still had old, low humidity lollons on it. another problem is even when moved to better conditions it seems to want to drop all current lollons and send up new ones better suited to the new environment......when i sent Andrew a division, even though it was going from my low humidity shelf to his high humidity greenhouse it still lost all its lollons and sent up new ones. which is why when i use it in trades i pay much more attention to the underground growth in a division than the above ground.......always take a division in an area that has lots of underground growth
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

February 5, 2008 update

Another update: I had seven stolons until one aborted. Now another seventh is starting up. This picture was taken with a much better camera than the previous photos. These U. humboldtii pictures were taken on February 5, 2008:

xvart.
    Last edited by xvart; 04-13-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: updated picture links.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow- yours are ahead of mine.... (got it same place, same time.) Good work! My g/h may be a little cool for them atm though.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    Wow- yours are ahead of mine.... (got it same place, same time.) Good work! My g/h may be a little cool for them atm though.
    Do you have any growth? The temps have not been so great here since my apartment is fairly hard to keep constant temps this time of year (or any time!).

xvart.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, there is growth. But not as much as yours... Remember, my nights are getting down to approx 50-55f or so... with a 30k BTU propane heater and a 1500w electric heater. I'd hate to have to run this thing where it actually gets cold! lol

I'll try to get my camera over to the g/h to show you how much better than me you're doing My mix is almost pure peat though, as recomended by rattler... Looks like you went with a lighter mix.. and a drained container while i went undrained. I'm guessing mine is putting out crazy growth underground and will all the sudden fill the whole pot with above media growth lol

Or maybe yours just looks better cause its a smaller pot? what size is that?
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, there is growth. But not as much as yours... Remember, my nights are getting down to approx 50-55f or so... with a 30k BTU propane heater and a 1500w electric heater. I'd hate to have to run this thing where it actually gets cold! lol
    Yeah, I guess you're right, lol. It certainly doesn't get that cold in my apartment.

I'll try to get my camera over to the g/h to show you how much better than me you're doing My mix is almost pure peat though, as recomended by rattler... Looks like you went with a lighter mix.. and a drained container while i went undrained.
    I didn't want it to get too soggy or stay too soggy so I made it much more airy and I don't even keep it in standing water. Just the amount that runs through toward the bottom during waterings. Even then I don't think it's standing in water because the bottom half inch or so is pure bark.

I'm guessing mine is putting out crazy growth underground and will all the sudden fill the whole pot with above media growth lol
    Ooooohhhh! Can't wait to see that! lol.

Or maybe yours just looks better cause its a smaller pot? what size is that?
    It's about six inches. It was the biggest pot I had at the time. I am a little worried that it will fill the pot too quickly, so I am looking to upgrade a little more but I figure I'll let it get some sizable growth first, then split it and share the wealth when I get a more suitable pot. What size pot is yours in?

xvart.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rattler recommended a large undrained pot with heavy media. That's what I did. And my plant is better than your plant! I forget now, but I think mine is in an 18" pot lol

A post with pics of rattler's plant: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...ght=humboldtii

Here was my first growth on Dec 1st...

and the growth on Dec 22nd (the little one on the right )
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forget now, but I think mine is in an 18" pot lol
    Holy crap! lol.

And my plant is better than your plant!
    I know you are but what am I?!