Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: U. humboldtii plug

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC Barry uses 1/1 LFS/perlite. That is what he has always quoted on the FAQ at any rate.

The seed from Barry is not from the clone the known "dry" clone (i.e. Phicula clone) but that does not mean it will not grow that way. Seeds are a way of mixing up the genetics so you might get something out of it that likes drier over wetter. I advocate sowing on damp media and keeping on the wetter side till true leaves are produced. After that let levels flux (moderately) until you find what the seedlings like best then stick with that.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Grow Pitcher Plants! DroseraBug's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like I saw where Barry suggested keeping it as free floating for a while until it matures a little more. After it puts on more growth then switch to the wet LFS/perlite mix? I guess that's my question. At what point should we transfer the seedlings passed out by Barry/Travis to the media if we are currently just keeping it in DI water free floating?
    "And this is what happened, and this is why the caribou and the wolf are one; for the caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf that keeps the caribou strong."
    — Farley Mowat

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second this question. Currently Ih ave them in a small plastic container free floating in water about 3 cm or so above a layer of LFS peat perlite

"If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently." –Bill Watterson
    "Humankind is a man standing atop a pyramid while slowly chipping away at its foundation. " -Me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=DroseraBug;874251At what point should we transfer the seedlings passed out by Barry/Travis to the media if we are currently just keeping it in DI water free floating?[/QUOTE]

I can not answer that. I sowed on well wetted LFS in a 16oz deli cup. About a week after they had all germinated I transfered half of them to pots of media and set them in with the other Utrics. The other half I left in the deli cups as fall backs/because I was lazy. Was bumbling in the crawlspace last night and saw that all the ones I had sown out on the media were doing well so...

Last edited by Pyro; 05-09-2008 at 04:21 AM.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good Pyro, I thought I would chip in some pics of mine as well.

Max

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woooo max When did you plant those out. They are looking so good and growing pretty fast. How much light are you giving them?
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Josh,

I planted them in the middle of march after receiving them from Barry Rice, and they are growing about 3 inches away from 2 40 watt florescent bulbs.
    Max

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vote for an updated series of photo's I'm curious to see how everyones different conditions are doing....

what do ya think?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast