What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tips for U. Longifolia Flowering?

Jefforever

A yellow M&M
Anyone have some tips for producing U. Longifolia flowers? I was wondering if they want dilute fertilizer of their leaves, a dry period, repotting, etc. to stimulate flowers. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

ive tried all but the ferts...nothing works. someone said a cold period triggers it.

Alex

How cold? I've had this species for a few years now and it is one of the few Utrics that hasn't flowered.

This one seems to really appreciate it's space to run to do very well. I've heard that the stress from being ridiculously pot bound can trigger them to flower.

Space and potbound sound like a contradition in concepts, but maybe they need the space to spread and once they hit their limit they may flower?

Mine flowers for me at least once if not twice a year. It has 2 flower stalks forming now.
I grow it in a south facing sliding glass door that only gets natural sunlight.

Winter / Fall temps: I keep the house cool. Heat set to 64 degrees. (Humidified air feels warmer then dry air) During the day it can hit mid 70's with the sun shinning in the room where I grow the plants. Nights can drop to low 60's.

Spring / Summer temps: During the day it can hit mid 80's. Night to the low 70's. (I usually have the A/C set around 74)

Pics I've posted here before:

UlongifoliaFlower.jpg

Ulongifolia.jpg

Very good looking! Thanks! I think I have them too warm (20-22 C), without appreciable diurnal temp differential.

Back