Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice............ very nice

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U. alpina especially, but any of the utrics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    leave it to keep growing.....its best usually to wait to do a division or any thing like that till yah can get a mix of leaves stolons and tubers........as i said in the pm asplundi can be frustrating with its cycles of growth and die back and i have no clue what sets the cycles off.....in my basement the conditions are about as stable as they can get and it still ran through a couple cycles a year of growth and die back when i had it......the alpina, endresii, alpina x endresii beside it dont really go through such cycles, or atleast if they do they arent as pronounced.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Jeff,

It should be 'Pittier Moon' (note the second "i" )

Also, on the potting method, it looks like the clear "pot" is full of water, is that correct? If so then you are using a different technique than me Though it seems to be working for you.

And to cover what Rattler mentioned about asplundii and others growth cycles... All the plant in Orchidioides have cycles but some of them are extremely cryptic. I have multiple clones of endresii and some have never cycled and others have cycled numerous times. Ditto asplundii. In some cases the cycle is so "mild" that unless you have been growing these for a long time you might miss it. In other cases the plants drops so fast you might think they had died. Basically these are plants that need to be observed often, like orchids. You can not just leave them and expect them to thrive.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips guys.

Pyro, you're right, it looks like that is full of water, but it isn't.

It's just the really crappy camera phone photo. Oh and thanks for correcting my tag.

@ Jimscott - I can't quite remember, but I think it's coco chips on the bottom half of the pot and pure LFS on the top half with a layer of live LFS.

The Asplundii is in pure, live LFS. I just repotted the Reniformis in 1/3 granite chips, 1/6 LFS, 1/3 peat and the rest styrofoam and orchid chips. Schell even recommends making 1/4 of the mix garden potting soil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12