What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple cacyfida cultivation ?

Alright I think I have found a simple way to grow U cacyfida.
cycyfidasuccess.jpg

The jar and Live sphagnum go very well with the cacyfida,I'm going to need to get a bigger jar :D That could be scaled up to hold in more humidity.
My condtions are 72F constantly with 80% humidity,in my tank but the humidity doesn't matter if you get a taller jar.

Why are you doing that? This has got to be one of the easiest species to grow. Nothing special needed. There's no hard way to grow it.

Could use more light.

What I'm thinking of doing for the terrestrial utrics and lone Genlisea is a larger version of the Jeff Wong thing with the pots nested in styrofoam, floating in a fishtank, allowing the bottom inch or two to be in water and the traps being able to extend down and be seen. I have a similar setup in the making but with a submercible heater, for tropical plants. No picture yet.

calycifida is an easy species so long as you grow it in a 3.5-4 inch pot or larger.....its one terrestrial that really does not seem to like a small pot but does really well in a larger one.....it seems to like put put out more underground stolon growth compared to leaves and likes to have room to spread its legs....

BTW ive seen the species grow the same way when placed in my dart frog tanks, but i think its just a case of when ever light hits the underground stolons they start to grow leaves.....i believe its has more to do with light than with humidity........

calycifida is an easy species so long as you grow it in a 3.5-4 inch pot or larger.....its one terrestrial that really does not seem to like a small pot but does really well in a larger one.....it seems to like put put out more underground stolon growth compared to leaves and likes to have room to spread its legs....

BTW ive seen the species grow the same way when placed in my dart frog tanks, but i think its just a case of when ever light hits the underground stolons they start to grow leaves.....i believe its has more to do with light than with humidity........

work with darlingtonia?

Okay I just had bad luck before with them,alright never mind...

Back