Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: U. reinformis stress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    care as usual.........as i said above, newly acquired Orchidioides and Iperua section utrics often lose their leaves and send up new ones, if it was something like sandersonii or livida i would be concerned about all the leaves dieing when yah first get it....with reniformis it happens pretty often, hell mine sometimes do it after repotting or loosing them in the area around where i take a division.....reniformis has tubers all year long and they are not a sign of dormancy......they dont have a true dormancy such as with VFT's and Sarrs.......they have periods where they dont really grow and periods of active growth.....who knows what clues they use to decide this....so long as you have healthy looking tubers you have a healthy plant, just leave it alone and give it a month or two to send up new leaves before you start worrying about it......

as for that thread, all i can say is.................I MISS TAMLIN!
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, what happened to him? He made a lot of good posts on cpuk forum about utrics - several years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who spake (or is it speaketh?) my name

Hmmm, I have to say that this species survived virtual total neglect in my terrarium, thriving without any medium whatsoever on a wet to dry cycle for the past 4 seasons spreading through my water trays to which it escaped and flowering without any cold or dormancy abundantly each spring. I daresay it is the most hardy of all the Utric's I've killed. I think once you get it going you will be home free. The trick is to allow the medium to occasionally dry out so as not to rot the rolons...*heh heh*....I have dried it and froze it and would have burned it too if I tried a little harder. A very interesting article in the ACPS several yers back had a grower growing it in potting soil, yes I said SOIL, with regular applications of epiphite fertilizer and had several flowerings per season. There are many paths to the mountaintop.

Missed you too my snakey friend!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looked over my plant earlier today.....actually also growing as an affixed aquatic in its tray aswell as normally in its pot....

was going to give yah a call this weekend but the blizzard that roared through musta screwed up the cell towers......will give yah a call when i reach a stopping point tomorrow at work.....the phone company should have things fixed by then.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have free time on your phone hit me at 315 342 0685 and you can get me direct....messages only to 315 342 4139 please leave name, call back number and a good time to reach you, thanks!
    Last edited by Tamlin Dawnstar; 12-15-2008 at 03:42 PM.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T,

You put the same number for both of those but based on the context I am pretty sure they should be different.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya Pyro,
    Thankee you, I fixed it!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple days ago I noticed a new leaf poking through the substrate. I planted the rhizomes in a mix 1/1/1/1 Fine orchid bark, lfs, peat and perlite. Let it dry somewhat, then watered. Two weeks later, I watered with a 1/2 strength epiphytic fertilizer. Upon seeing the new leaf, I have started using a shallow tray to give it wet feet. Hopefully, the other two rhizomes will start growth as well. Thanks everyone for your advice. Probably the most important information was "patience." Here is a pic of the new leaf.IMG_1887
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lambdlth/3168378510/
    Last edited by lambdlth; 01-04-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Trouble viewing image

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast