What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 new U. sandersonii (typical and blue)

I don't think it's really that big a problem for common species. You might want to propagate it/spread it out if you want to see more growth.

Is it even possible for U. sandersonii to get rootbound? I thought they didn't have roots as we think of them?

Well, I've gotten plugs that were 5 lolons on a stolon all under 2 cm and wet myself with joy over it, lol.

Once Pyro sent me U. sandersonii (note the species name is never capitalized) that was a strand an inch long and he wrapped it like it was a vial of nitroglycerine. I think he sent half of his plant as he had just gotten it too. The package came ripped, apparently shot with a shotgun and had tire tracks on it. They issued me a written apology, wow. The strand was broken into 5 pieces. They HAD to have used xrays to be able to shatter it that way, I mean, to be SURE. I still have that plant, thanks Pyro!

Back