What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics: January 10, 2009

Jefforever

A yellow M&M
I took some photos of a few plants yesterday.

U. livida from Merrivale, Natal, South Africa has got to be one of the most prolific utrics I have ever grown (Jimscott, how's yours doing?) :

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

Some U. calycifida:

IMG_3156.jpg

My indoor colony of U. gibba:

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3159.jpg

My outdoor colony of U. gibba (Yes, it grows outside in Oregon!!! It survived snow & ice):

IMG_3162.jpg

The pond it grows in:

IMG_3163.jpg

Some nep seedlings for you nep fanatics out there:

IMG_3164.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looking good, Jeff. Is that the U. merriwak or the basic, run of the mill U. livida? My straight up U. livida is flowering. Still learning how to get clear pics from this camera:

Picture096.jpg

The U. merriwak likes to grow out of the drainage holes of the pot but hasn't flowered.

Thanks Scott.

That's the U. merriwak you sent me. I'm growing it under 2 florescents at about 65F steady. It's in nearly 75% cocopeat. I've also got U. praelonga, U. uniflora, U. dichotoma, and a couple other terrestrials growing along side it. It's on a grow rack with my U. humboldtii too.

I don't know why it wouldn't flower for ya... how much longer have you had yours than I have had mine? I got mine from you around June I think?

Usually temps make my plants flower, and I rarely change their water levels. But in this case I changed its water levels and kept its temps the same.

Good luck making it flower.

Wow, very nice utrics. I would love to have U. gibba in a pond. :eek: Neat little seedlings. :)

beauts! be careful with that gibba though, it can get invasive. What kinda seedlings do you got cookin in there? they look great! :)

Capensis - chances are you can have them in your pond, if you have one. It's not too warm in Florida, right? I don't know how hot of temps U. gibba can tolerate, but it seems the warmer it is, the faster it grows.

Obregon - The seedlings are Splendiana x (Stenophylla x Lowii) x (Rokko x Veitchii). I got them a little over a year ago, I think.

I might have a giveaway of the U. livida Merriwak in spring... but I don't know. I'll probably be loaded down w/ work.

damn jeff those are some beautiful nep seedlings. cant wait for mine to get larger. i need to pack some of the ones i owe to people and ship em out. wish i would have been around for those seeds if they were offered o_O

Back