What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New CP at home

• Thread starter Cindy
  • Start date

Cindy

Staff member
Aldrovandra vesiculosa (Darwin) - a form which will turn red in good light, the plants arrived green but very healthy

aldrovandra_vesiculosa_plants.jpg

aldrovandra_vesiculosa_trap.jpg

aldrovandra_vesiculosa_traps.jpg

Last edited:
i dont see a pic o_O?
but nice, i wish i knew where to acquire some here in the US

i dont see a pic o_O?
but nice, i wish i knew where to acquire some here in the US

Beautiful shots, Cindy!

I think that they're available through Meadowview Biological Research Station . . .

Cool whip!.... one of these days...

Very Nice! Mine is doind so well, I just gave away one strand, they're great plants

Very nice! It looks very healthy. Update it us when it turns red. :)

I want some aldrovanda NOW! Oh well, have to get some later

Lucky you! I got some off JLAP a couple years ago.

Remember to keep them out of hot sunny days in a closed container, haha. All 30 of mine died.

Remember to keep them out of hot sunny days in a closed container, haha. All 30 of mine died.

Ouch!

Me too. They were great plants. Mine ended up a similar fate and then I gave the rest away.

xvart.

Wow!! nice shots of that aldro! I just got one a few days ago, doing well for now :)

:0o: Gosh! I have them at the windowsill...was kinda expecting them to turn red because it is the hottest season here now and there is direct light through the windows. However, the weather took a turn the day after they arrived and it has been gloomy for the past few days.

I read that Aldrovandra grows fast in warm to hot conditions and over the past few days, I am sure they grew at least 1/3"! Amazing plants! My hubby was too lazy to buy me some daphnia to feed them even though he was at the local fish shop yesterday. His excuse was that the plants just arrived and should rest. ???

You could probly just grab some water from a local pond and use that. Mine seemed to grow really well in the pond water I used.

Back