What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two utrics in one pot?

Has anybody tried this before?
I was just thinking about it. For temperate utrics, I was thinking of sandersonii and lividia. Or any other that you tried. Do you think one would kill the other, or they would both grow and it would be a pot full of different nice flowers. Any body with experience that tried this, I would love to hear, and possibly pictures?

Those are nice, easy plants. I would keep them in separate pots, only for organizational purposes. They won't harm each other and grow in identical conditions. They make excellent window sill plants and flower very easily.

Picture074.jpg
U. sandersonnii

Picture154.jpg
U. livida

Hopefully, they'll grow with each other just fine. I have two utrics in one pot (U. bisquamta and dichotoma).

have i done 2 utrics in one pot? yes, but never on purpose.......actually i tried very hard to keep them in separate pots.....they will likely grow together just fine but you will never get them separated from each other....

My own experience tells me that Livida will outcompete sandersonii eventually.

Alright thats cool, I just wanted to make a separate pot for my windowsill with a nice variation of flowers.

Thanks for the responses

My own experience tells me that Livida will outcompete sandersonii eventually.

not necessarily, livida grows in the soil, sandersonii grows on the soil for the most part......depends on some things .....bigger pot equals less problems, in a small pot one is likely to win.......

What types where yours rattler?

dont really remember, had nearly 60 pots of Utrics at one pont, over 20 confirmed different species and the rest i had either not flowered and confirmed or were duplicates of what i had or a different strain of the same species......i will NEVER do that again.....very hard to keep Utrics in their own pots in a tray system and thats way to many undrained pots to keep on top of unless i had a greenhouse where i could just rig up a spray system over a bench....

Back