What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

semi aquatic alpina

my alpina grow in an open topped tank on one of my shelves.......i water them bout once a week, the water completely evaporates but the bottom is rarely dry

clone 1
IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0882-1.jpg

U. alpina from seed from 'Pitter Moon'
IMG_0883-1.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

alpina x endressi is there too but seems to like the dryer top half of the mix
IMG_0885.jpg

Beautiful! :-D

All my macro utrics grow down into the water, but just not to that extent. But almost.

I should check the bottom of my pot... I'm getting that sort of action from U. gramm...

Very interesting about alpina. Based on what is written about this group, I would not have thought this would work. Goes to show how adaptable they can be (at least sometimes). Do you still give them a drying-out period some time during the year?

I should check the bottom of my pot... I'm getting that sort of action from U. gramm...
Jim, Huge difference between U. graminifolia & U. alpina ... :0o:

these ones havent had a dry period for atleast 2 years.....the ones from 'Pitter Moon' have never been dry since i started them from seed....

Here's my U. grammifolia:

Picture001-34.jpg

My U. alpina isn't doing anything noteworthy.

Picture063.jpg

Back