What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utric for bog?

CLOSED-Thanks!

Hi all, I would like to put a small utric in my bog. I live in San Diego, CA. What is easily availiable, and would grow there year round. I would just like a carpet of them. I DON'T want them to smother sundews or vfts however! I would like to put a North American one in my bog, but not sure that is possible.

I was thinking subulata....but don't have it so I have no experience. I was hoping I could find some from the US

I have U. livida, U. sandersonii, and U. dichotoma.

Thanks friends!

My vote would be U. Subulata. And if you want a small aquatic, my vote would be U. Gibba.

I will trade you something for u. subulata.

Ok, CP-connection. Do keep in mind that subulata is a weed, and not very valuable! :p

They'd all most likely work for the bog, so you can just pick your favorite or mix all three.

U. bisquamata. You couldn't kill that stuff with matches and gasoline, no matter how hard you try.

I'm surprised you didn't get any as a "freebie" with another plant.

I think I have five species running rampant in my bog.

I really don't care about its difficulty to kill. I'd just like a nice carpet. Nope, no freebies. Thanks guys for the help! Are any US species obtainable?

Back