User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 37

Thread: A few of the utrics

  1. #17
    Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    18,768
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being modest?


  2. #18
    kayaker78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    Jim,
    could you tell me the cultivation perimeters for your U. longifolia? I'm having a surprisingly hard time with it. There is growth, but it is all been underground lately. I can't remember the last time when I saw it produce a new leaf. What should i do?
    How long have you had your plant?

    In my experience with this species, most growth is underground (and there may be a lot more growth than you think) until the plant reaches a critical mass and then you start to see it take off above ground. If you recently received the plant this is most likely the case.

  3. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Saginaw, TX USA
    Posts
    1,567
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kayaker78 View Post
    How long have you had your plant?

    In my experience with this species, most growth is underground (and there may be a lot more growth than you think) until the plant reaches a critical mass and then you start to see it take off above ground. If you recently received the plant this is most likely the case.
    I would agree with that completely...just be careful what you wish for. I want mine to stop growing.

  4. #20
    i dont do pots. amphirion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, US
    Posts
    3,498
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've had it since november, and ironically, NO undergrowth. weird aint it. i dont know what i did wrong since longifolia can survive pretty much in any condition it grows in. but yeah, no undergrowth. hahahaha. i just recently bought a new plug, and we'll see how it does.

    ironic since the quelchii is a beast....
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

  5. #21
    kayaker78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    i've had it since november, and ironically, NO undergrowth. weird aint it. i dont know what i did wrong since longifolia can survive pretty much in any condition it grows in. but yeah, no undergrowth. hahahaha. i just recently bought a new plug, and we'll see how it does.

    ironic since the quelchii is a beast....
    How are you growing it? I would try changing things up a bit... Maybe try a new soil mix. There are several clones out there with slightly different preferences.

  6. #22
    kulamauiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kula, Maui USA
    Posts
    1,921
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep um warm, bright and humid. Then it is a weed. The best i have seen it do has been in "petiolaris group" conditions. Then it was escaping form its pot and invading all of its neighbors.....

  7. #23
    i dont do pots. amphirion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, US
    Posts
    3,498
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i had it originally growing in peat and sand---switched it up to live LFS, just like the quelchii. in highland conditions. maybe that had something to do with it. but yeah---luckily it's a common and accessible plant. so im not too worried.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

  8. #24
    A yellow M&M Jefforever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    over the rainbow (in the U.S.)
    Posts
    1,637
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kayaker78 View Post
    How are you growing it? I would try changing things up a bit... Maybe try a new soil mix. There are several clones out there with slightly different preferences.
    There sure are! I was lucky to get the kind that loves to grow waterlogged at room temp.

    Try growing it in LFS. But I grow mine in just peat/sand/perlite mixes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for utrics
    By gr8oz in forum Carnivorous Plant Trading Post
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 05:00 PM
  2. Utrics
    By Spectabilis73 in forum Conservation Station
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2003, 09:12 PM
  3. Three Utrics
    By Parasuco in forum Utricularia, Aldrovanda, Genlisea
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2002, 08:30 AM
  4. Utrics at PFT?
    By CP2k in forum Utricularia, Aldrovanda, Genlisea
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2002, 10:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •