What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. longifolia... in bloom :0)

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
I can't remember where this particular plant came from (I'm guessing Travis but neither of us know for sure) but when I got it I potted one in a peat mix and one in LFS just to see how they do... Can you guess (before looking at the pics) which would flower? And yes, both are growing out the bottom of the pot and over the sides of their 3.5" pots.
Enjoy, Andrew

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

Nice job!

Seems like you keep yours unusally dry compared to mine.

I do keep them a bit dry, I actually don't water the Utric tray all that often like I used to. That will probably change as it gets warmer and things dry out much quicker though.

Cool! Did they come from me maybe? I can't remember the last time we traded... Where's my notes when I need them?
I'm jealous! Mine is almost dead after being shuffled around in the move. I should unpot it and use the remaining rolons for cuttings, but I'm afraid to bother it. It's finally putting up new lolons now, after shedding all of its 6+" foliage... they're like dime-sized now! x.x
~Joe

Don't think so, if we did trade it had to of been a while ago, and I just got this U. longifolia, surely couldn't be more than 2 years ago but I think even less than that.

Andrew

congrats!! mine is starting to flower for the first time too! it's going to open very soon!

Er, hmm... I get the feeling we've talked about this before... somehow I'm certain I've seen your name on envelopes/packages but I don't know why...
I need to miss less sleep. :D
~Joe

I sent you some D. burmannii back in '05 :D Dunno what else, I don't keep records *gasp!* I know how you feel about the sleep thing though!

Interesting - I've got 3 plants, each in somewhat different conditions & each is now throwing up a stalk... too bad they're not different clones - could get some non-selfed seed.

LOL! I aint got nuthin' from the longifolia or the alpina!

Pics of the flowers

Back when the first one opened

longifolia+_6_.JPG

Now that some time has passed, I have some white on the flowers

longifolia+_12_.JPG

longifolia+_9_.JPG

Again, congrats! Hey... how long does it take for the flower scape tp actually produce a flower? It's been a couple few weeks and the scape just gets a little taller.

Guess you already know now.. Sorry :(

An update of my LFS planted plant- since I took the NASC winners portion from it today... I had no idea there was so much undergrowth!!

0531001810a.jpg

LOL! time for a bigger pot? Mine finally opened:

100_63001.jpg

Last edited:
My first longifolia bloom opened today.... :-D

longifolia.jpg

Congrats! good looking stuff :) mine still have blooms on them!

Back