What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia species.... what are you growing?

You'ld have to do some international trading to get a lot of those. Which is a problem for most of us growers...
unless you are a strict trader and not a buyer then you will have some trouble but if you buy there are few places overseas that sell utrics and they come in great condition you just have to be able to keep them alive. this is just from my limited knowledge of utrics.
adam

This is what I am now growing or have on the way!

U. adpressa
U. amethystine – Lilac Flower
U. biloba - Moolooaba, AU
U. bisquamata – “Betty’s Bay”
U. blanchetii - pink?
U. calycifida - pink flower
U. calcifida - ‘Asenath Waite’
U. calycifida 'Cthulu'
U. calycifida 'Lavenia Whateley'
U. calycifida - ‘Yog-Sothoth’
U. dichotoma – Tasmania
U. fulva
U. graminifolia
U. graminifolia – Blue Flower
U. heterosepala
U. lateriflora - Tasmania
U. Laxa
U. Livida - Durban, SA
U. livida - Rwanda
U. livida - Zambia
U. longifolia
U. nephrophylla – White Flower
U. paulineae – Clone 1
U. praelonga
U. prehensilis
U. pubescens
U. rostrata
U. sandersonii
U. sandersonii - Blue Flower
U. tricolor
U. troupinii
U. uliginosa – Malaysia
U. uniflora
U. warburgii
U. welwitschii
U. sp. Hermanus

nelumbifolia and reniformis. my favorite utrics and only ones i have

anyone here in the states have any success with U. menziesii(Pyro??)? success meaning growth and a flower. that has got to be my most favorite utric of all. its just so different from every other. i also love U. paulineae(sp?).

Alex

I sprouted some from tubers but slugs ate them. They were happy until then, and then they died....

I have some U.bisquamata outside flowering like crazy with the Sarrs in the minibogs, cute little umbrellas (U.nelumbifolia) growing submerged in water with some lsf/live sphagnum mix, and some U.fulva growing in a random mix of coco chunks, peat, perlite, and maybe some pumice standing in a saucer of water like a sundew pot.

utricularia graminifolia photos:
im quite aware of the blue flower variant, but this one seems more to be on the purple side.

DSCN3142.JPG
RSCN3150.JPG
DSCN3182.jpg

amphirion, dude, nice container there for your pond scum. Got a shot of the whole container? Anything else growing in there plant/animal?

oh thez---you caught me red handed---i've neglected this tank for quite a while, i'm in the process of redoing the entire tank, maybe throw in a few new plants here and there. here's the entire shot of the tank: inhabitants include a few scarlet badis, tiger endlers, phoenix/briggittae rasboras, and cherry shrimp.

here's the shot of the entire tank:
DSCN3167.jpg

Oh, now I'm glad I did - that's a nice tank!

anyone here in the states have any success with U. menziesii(Pyro??)? success meaning growth and a flower. that has got to be my most favorite utric of all. its just so different from every other. i also love U. paulineae(sp?).

Alex

Actually yes I did have it and got it to go through 3 seasons and the last season I had blooms coming up but they were eaten shortly before opening. And then I lost the plant to a rat raid... Not happy about that one.

I need to get my hands on U. menziesii!!!!

Back