What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia praelonga

This is somewhat interesting.... I have a plant that is clearly Utricularia praelonga but it is not producing the characteristic grass like leaves. I am unsure if it is a different clone or if this is due to the use of a different brand of peat. I also attached a pic of my other 2 pots of Utricularia praelonga.

I apologise for that bad pics, took them in the dark with a camera phone.

Last edited:
When my mystery utric (aka: praelonga) initially started to grow, it didn't put out any of the longer leaves for some time, possibly a few months...

I just watered the CP bin today and the praelonga did finally come back from the stolons. It has a dozen or so of the small leaves and one (1) grass like blade, so it is possible to get grassy leaves from it! LOL

I'm keeping it on the patio in a 50/50 mix of sphagnum peat and cherrystone turkey grit, it sits with other cps in a large clear sterlite tub of water that varies from 0-4" deep. It appears to have come back once I put a clear cover on the tub a couple weeks ago - so it must like higher humidity than it was receiving since I had divided it and sent you the top.

Back