What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.pubescens surprise =)

Ive had this for 6-7 months ish. its spreading throughtout the pot nicely. then i look at it today and booom a flower stalk is coming up =)

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

Let's see this in a couple few weeks!

Aww those round leaves are cute - are those the utric or some nice mossy stuff?

One I could never flower, and the flower is really beautiful in a haunted sort of way, good growing to you!

Awesome!!!!!!!
So it's OK to grow with moss???? I thought that could choke out the Utric.

In the first pic are the round circles with a dent in the middle the leaves? If so I must get this Utric it looks like some kind of liverwort! The flower will be cool to see as well.

I pluck my moss occasionally but I love how it looks though with the leaves poking out of the moss.

the little button leaves are the utric =) each new leave is getting bigger in diameter as well.

Maybe this will help some of you get it to flower. Around a month ago i moved it into a different terrarium. it went from 70 degrees to around 81 degrees. the humidity is near 90%. i also moved up the water level. it is about half submerged in water now. last thing i have been doing different is i have fertilized it with a 1/4th solution twice now. (biweekly) It really made the moss take off but it also make the leaves spread like crazy.

Awesome!!!!!!! So it's OK to grow with moss????
Is there a non-labor-intensive alternative?

I thought that could choke out the Utric.
It does for many of the smaller utrics. I have a uniflora that has required periodic tweezer-moss-plucking sessions (sending up it's 1st 2 stalks - btw), a 'Betty's Bay' that is hopelessly overgrown & may or may not still be present and a warburgii that was being completely overrun so I started some in a pot with a top layer of coarse quartz sand. This has worked reasonably well but the moss was delayed - not eliminated - as it has now started to appear. I'm thinking of trying a coarser sand and/or deeper layer... Alternatives are welcome ... :-O

Back