What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Utricularia blooming for me now

Beautiful flowers.... again! For the moment, they coexist rather nicely. They aint broke...

Oooooh :-D
I suppose I typically overlook pondscum..er...utrics, but they do make some gorgeous flowers, for sure! Definitely a treat :3

Nice Utricularia collection! It's really impressive. I bet small aquatic/semi aquatic soil critters stand NO chance in your yard. :p

the yard proper most years is dry and dusty. This has been one of the wettest winters in the past few years and it is nice to have rain. Thanks guys and gals. Will add more this weekend I hope....

U.juncea
DSC_00360004.jpg

U. nelumbifollia putting up 4 flower stalks. Cant really compose the pic to show them all

DSC_00040004_2.jpg

DSC_00050005_1.jpg

Beautiful specimen!

Peter

Awesome utrics, Kula. :)

Holy cow that stalk is HUGE!!

U.longifolia
trying to contain it in one of those huge pretzel barrels form costco

DSC_00140003.jpg

DSC_00150004.jpg

soon U. alpinia
DSC_00130002.jpg

DSC_00120001_6.jpg

Nice! any idea what makes it flower? mine wont flower :(

Nice! any idea what makes it flower? mine wont flower :(

It needs seasonal changes to induce flowering. Both day length and temps. i am guessing that I am getting lots of flowers this year because it has been a warmer winter than usual. We had maybe one night down in the 40 F range....

wonder why my things quit flowering. Perhaps they'll need a GH change.. more warmth with less light rather than more light with less warmth.
Again, you are the almighty.

G. hispidula. Planted from seeds almost 2 years ago. Didn't seem to germinate until a layer of algae slime formed on the media
DSC_00090002_1.jpg

DSC_00080001_4.jpg

U. alpinia flower update
DSC_00150006_1.jpg

it is pushing out "rolons" that are leaving the pot but are being allowed to seek their own preferred
water level

DSC_00170007.jpg

U. alpinia Started blooming about 7/5/2011

DSC_02460001.jpg

DSC_02470002.jpg

DSC_02480003.jpg

DSC_02490004.jpg

DSC_02500005.jpg

Gorgeous blooms! Any tips on getting tricolor to bloom?

Beautiful flowers Mach & some great pics documenting them - thanks!

U. alpina is so different from the others I've had flower this year. While I've yet to have one bloom, one of mine is now sending up a stalk so I may be posting pics in a month or two ... :boogie:

Gorgeous blooms! Any tips on getting tricolor to bloom?

no ideas on that one. i have had it put up a flower stalk and abort just once. have tried it in multiple environments. might need to try it down at a LL location

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

Aloha Ron,
thanks. They are making me wonder what pollinates them. They actually have a nice fragrance. Almost sweet citrus not unlike lavender roses like 'Sterling Silver'. The smell and colors seem to suggest that it isn't hummingbird pollinated.

Beautiful flowers Mach & some great pics documenting them - thanks!

U. alpina is so different from the others I've had flower this year. While I've yet to have one bloom, one of mine is now sending up a stalk so I may be posting pics in a month or two ... :boogie:

Back