Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How I grow U. campbelliana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How I grow U. campbelliana

I've been growing campbelliana for about 5 months and it hasn't died so I feel like its time to post how i grow it.
    Lighting
    I use T12s for all my plants. Honestly I have no idea what the difference between T12s, T8s and T5s, so some might work better than others I don't know. I just go by the more light the better but keep it far enough away from you campy so heat doesn't get to it.
    Media
    I use pure lfs for most of my utrics. Just remember they like an airy soil so if you are using lfs don't pack it in. I also think that it is best to have live moss on top.

Watering/Pots
    I treating it like a nepenthes with watering or I mist it when the tips of the moss get dry. As for pots I think net pots are a must because they allow air to get in the soil. Also they allow the stolons to run out of the pot.
    Temps/ humidity
    My temps vary with the seasons but usually stay within 48-55 at night and 65-73 during the day. The humidity varies throughout the day but never goes under 70%. Also allow lost of airflow.
    Let me know if you have any questions. Hope this helps.
    adam

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice little guy there. I've started growing alot of my Utric's like Neps too. Airy mixes with less water, they seem to like it better than peat/sand or lfs.

An easy way to think about the T12, T8, T5 thing is really simple. T12 is the oldest therefore the least efficent and cheapest, T8 is in the middle leaving T5 as the new more efficent, expensive one. There are of course more differences but that all I really care to remember.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting...arent you worried that the sphag will choke out the campy? most pics i see show campbelliana growing in something similar to sheet/java moss. i think the sphag holds too much water than what campbelliana likes. http://www.utricularien.de/karnivore...pbelliana1.jpg

but---like the practical saying goes---"if it aint broke, dont fix it"
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I'm not to worried because I can always just cut it back and so far none of the moss has really grown so I don't think it will.