What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aquatic species grown bog style?

I was luckly enough to get a couple of small chunks of Utricularia from a LFS and was wondering if they can grow on a very damp CP (50/50) substraight?

I have some extra CP substright that I am tempted to try to keep some of the utricularia in a flower pot with the substright completly saturated. Do you guys think that the utricularia will continue to grow or do you think that it will just rot. I only have a small amout of the parent plant so I dont want to waste what I have.

I dont know what species it is, it was just floating in a tank with no lable on it. It is very small, with the bladders only being 1-2mm at the most. very thin wispy growth. I look forward to reading everyones responces. Thanks,

We could all benefit from a picture.

Affixed aquatics like graminifolia and the like can be grown perfectly as terrestrials but suspended aquatics do need water to float on.

So far it has been growing so far very much like java moss, long and stringy. I will try to get some photos up in the next couple of days.

Back